Another Exhaust Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
I currently have a Stainless Pypes system, Its their loudest muffler and I dont have tail pipes on. I do like the Sound but I always like loud and I always liked Flowmasters "Thump". I want to do some changes to my exhaust. I want electric cutouts and Super 44 Flowmasters.

My question is, Should I just keep my Pypes Mufflers or should I actually follow through with the Super 44s. What would you do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7IHJwOxNJk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHmKTLAd374

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
are they the violators? what size pipes? i run there street pro and have thought about changing to the violators

if you do have violators they will not produce the same style sound of a chambered flowmaster. flowmasters to me have a unique sound. they sound realy nice but just dont flow as well. my pypes street pros are a chambered muffler that sound similar to a flowmaster but dont seem to drone as bad as the 40 i used to have. the violator is a straight through design without any packing

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
couldnt tell you on that one, but if you change let me know if you want to part with the violators

hurst1979olds

G-Body Guru
Feb 19, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Pypes messed up, They sent me 1 Center to Offest and 1 Center to Center. Which is why i had fitment issues and took the tails off. I was pissed because I didnt notice until after 1 1/2-2 years later.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
hurst1979olds said:
Pypes messed up,

Shocker! Those guys are dimwits over there. They can't even take a simple order right.

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
jociha said:
mebe007 said:
Well ain't that some crap

Here's what the street pros sound like in case you want to look into them
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fHft1PlztN8

Not to hijack the thread but how do you like the FAST EFI 2.0, thinking about switching from my Quickfuel carb.

well I only have 550 miles on it so far but its awesome. throttle response is great. cold start, just about everything so far. I have timing integrated as well. i love it. hurst1979olds has gen 1 ez efi and i believe he is quite pleased with his. hes the one who turned me on to the ez efi in the first place

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
hurst1979olds said:
its 2.5 violators. dumped before axle.

They dont have a drone......i wonder if 44s drone like the 40s.

I have the 40's and no drone. What I did different is at the end of my 2.5in pipe I up sized to 3in and used a 3in flowmaster, it is also much louder this way something it appears you will like, I do. I also have 3in tail pipes out the side like cutlass originally had. I bought from TorqueTech, very nice people there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor