Another G-body destroyed for TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

hujass

Apprentice
Jun 24, 2008
N Dakota
This has to break your heart. What looks like a rather clean 86 or 87 Regal (judging by 3rd break light in the back) is smacked up in an episode of CSI. Think the white station wagon is a Buick as well.

Sorry for the crappy quality from my camera phone, even in HD it didn't translate to the shot....

WreckedRegal.jpg

XbeasleyX

Apprentice
Jan 24, 2009
Western New York
I see a bunch of threads about people being sad when a G-body is wrecked for a movie/tv show. What about all the circle trackers? There's gotta be 150 G-bodies racing my local track. :?:

TBRtat2

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2008
luckily most movies and tv shows use rotted out pos's.
Think about what a clean g-body gos for in most areas.
Around here, i have seen clean g-bodys go for up to $17,000, around here anyways. (toledo ohio)

I watched a show talking about the cars from the second fast and the furios, they had only 1 restored car (of of each of the "classic" cars) and a sh*t load of cars that where totaly junk, that they just put paint jobs on.
Actualy, they had one of the cars that werent messed up to bad on power block a while back, they practicly redid the whole thing.

BrownGP83

Master Mechanic
Oct 9, 2008
Chamberlain,South Dakota
XbeasleyX said:
I see a bunch of threads about people being sad when a G-body is wrecked for a movie/tv show. What about all the circle trackers? There's gotta be 150 G-bodies racing my local track. :?:
I agree. I see more good cars hacked up for dirt track cars than i see on tv. A few years back i missed buying an 84 GP by 3hours. Nice car too , 110,000 miles, 305, buckets with really nice interior, original paint ingreat shape on a rock soild, straght body. 2 days later when i saw it, the guys who bought it had destroyed everything to make a dirt track car. They didnt try to save any parts to sell. I was pissed!

sids83ho

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 19, 2009
virginia
there was a guy in georia that done dirt racing and bought what he thought was a funny colored cutlass.it was all original and complete and was drivable.not until he cut it up for a dirt car, was it discovered it was a 83 hurst.the guy thought someone had put three shifters in it and painted it black and silver.

hujass

Apprentice
Jun 24, 2008
N Dakota
^^^Ahh..that story makes me cry!!

There is a guy to the west of me who always has 5 or 6 G-bodies sitting next to his garage that are waiting to become dirt cars. Why can't these people use Fords?? :lol:

TBRtat2

Greasemonkey
Aug 30, 2008
sids83ho said:
there was a guy in georia that done dirt racing and bought what he thought was a funny colored cutlass.it was all original and complete and was drivable.not until he cut it up for a dirt car, was it discovered it was a 83 hurst.the guy thought someone had put three shifters in it and painted it black and silver.

Does he still have the shifter?

2000.malibu.ls

Royal Smart Person
May 11, 2008
Lake City, Florida
hujass said:
^^^Ahh..that story makes me cry!!

There is a guy to the west of me who always has 5 or 6 G-bodies sitting next to his garage that are waiting to become dirt cars. Why can't these people use Fords?? :lol:

cause g-bodys are quicker than any dodge, ford or anythingthing else you could try to race, i mean, think about it, just about any motor fits, RWD, TONS of g-body's out there, so plenty of parts, they are invsible with a roll cage, for the most part, they handle well for what they need them to do. They make sense. lol I hate to think people are cutting up good ones, but, dirt racing is awsome to me, alot more entertaining than drag racing.

sids83ho

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 19, 2009
virginia
TBRtat2 said:
sids83ho said:

Does he still have the shifter?
as far as i know he scapped them with some other stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor