Another G-body destroyed for TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
that makes me sad, but im glad i got my car (i traded my four wheeler for it haha) no ones going to dirt track race that, i dont think you would want to dirt track race a t-top car anyways would you? i did have an 87 salon with a good working sun roof that was rusted bad with no rear bumper because the mounts rusted off and was missing the passanger side front fender with stock aluminum 14inch rims i sold to some guy that derbied it though :(

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Re:

hujass said:
Last summer I had a parking lot mishap with some guy talking on his cell phone, he bent my front bumper. Had a hell of time finding a suitable replacement. Finally found a used one in a yard about 800 miles away...took 2 weeks to get it shipped. Then I waited another 2 weeks to get re-chromed. GM stopped making chrome Regal bumpers years ago and you can't find an NOS or reproduction bumper anymore. I blame the circle track racers for killing our parts supply! :lol:

you don't seem to know much about circle track cars....we ran an 85 cutlass in a thunder car class and like all the other metrics running in that class we used a five star nose and rear and fabricated the front and rear bumpers. The stock bumpers would not last a nite of racing. We sold the parts that we removed to who ever wanted to pick them up. Most of the time tho people would just waste our time and never closed the deal.....

turbo78

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2009
billings, montana
not all dirt trackers purposely destroy everything they dont need like the ones around here. i asked one of them if i could buy the dash and a-pillar plastics out of their 79malibu they were building and the guy went straight after it with a fricken prybar and hammer to remove it for me, gee thanks. :blam:

Camshaft

Master Mechanic
May 27, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
turbo78 said:
i asked one of them if i could buy the dash and a-pillar plastics out of their 79malibu they were building and the guy went straight after it with a fricken prybar and hammer to remove it for me, gee thanks. :blam:

They don't call it the "redneck rodeo" for nothin'.

Maybe I'm just in a mood to start s**t today, but here you go: f**k circle track racing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor