Another header question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
OK, I know I've seen it somewhere on here, but been searching for a while and can't find it. As some of you may know I finally found a 350 for my car. And I need some headers.

But I want ones that will be a direct replacement for my manifolds. Because I already have a (almost) new exhaust system that runs out the back on my car. And I don't want to have a whole new exhaust system installed. So has anyone had any experience with these? I'm probably gonna be ordering them tomorrow, or early this week. So any help would be great.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Also, would you recommend a mini starter or a stock one?

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Are you referring to shorty headers? If so, you don't need a mini-starter.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Yes they will be shortys.

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
Phoenyx said:
Yes they will be shortys.

Then you don't need a mini starter.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Cool thanks. that will save me a bit of cash lol.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
BUMP

Still trying to figure out what headers to get. I want a set that will bolt up to my existing exhaust (I have duels off the original manifolds). Anyone know?

Veltboy618

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2008
with the long tube headers do you have to have a mini starter? Why wont a regular one work?

Oregon350Cutlass

Apprentice
Jan 4, 2008
I think most longtube headers require you to have a mini-starter.I have a 83 cutlass with a sbc and headman longtube headers.I got a chrome mini-starter new on ebay for around $100 i think.Alot of mini-starters like mine allow you to rotate the position of the starter for header clearance.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
OK, well I'm getting shorties, so the starter isn't to important right now lol. But I need to know what headers will replace mu manifolds. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor