another one

Status
Not open for further replies.

heffamphetamine

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 31, 2006
hi, i'm new here i guess. not new to g/a bodie cars, but anyway. currently driving/throwing money at a 79 GP Lj. done lots of stuff to it, but don't really feel like typing it out at the moment. anyway, hope i can help with questions, and be helped with some questions.

heffamphetamine

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 31, 2006
my car is a 79 GP Lj. came with a 301 4barrel carb/th200m 2.29 saf-t-trac rear, with the optional handling package. I've since put a pontiac 350 in the car with a th350 trans with shift kit and 2200rpm stall convertor, 3.73 gears with the posi, gm performance big block springs up front with progressive rate springs in the rear. added those tubular bars that connect the cross member to the rad. support. Also has MSD box, custom shifter set-up, factory bucket seats with power drivers seat, power windows and locks, a/c, and it had snowflake wheels. more like an Sj, but it was the way it was ordered. Now it has steelies and pontiac dog dish caps. Currently modifying the cross member for duals, and working on the body. Very little rust, but some dents, awesome frame rails. Engine is a 71 block, with 70 #16 heads, 4bbl cast iron intake with a qjet, bored .030 over and .010 under on the crank. decked .010, heads were cut also, but i'm not sure how much. had to use polyloks to get the valves adjusted. summit cam...pulls really hard up to about 5200 rpms. lots of fun to drive. plan on doing the 12" rotor upgrade, trying to line up parts now. have a manual steering box on the way. after the duals i plan on getting a non a/c fan motor box now that those are available. anyway, that's my car

mrapii

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Waipahu, HI
Pictures, pictures. We like to see pictures.
2286149_8_full.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
welcome to the forum and tha sounds like a nice set of wheels your putting together...You mentioned about a upgrade on your rotors and if you want to do a cheap and easy upgrade on the back brakes get a set of wheel cylinders for an chevy S10 non power brake...the cylindr has a larger piston so it'll give you more braking power

mrapii that's one of the nicest El Camino I have ever seen.....what size wheel and tire have you got...she really sits nice

383Camino

Master Mechanic
Mar 1, 2006
South Dakota
Man, that looks really good.

mrapii

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Waipahu, HI
Thanks for the comment pontiacgp. I have 17X8.5 wheels with 235/45 front and 275/50 rear tires. It has been lowered 1 1/2" with lowering springs.

rmodys

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 5, 2006
Southwest Florida
Nice GP, do you have a close-up of the dashboard, namely near the HVAC Controls and Gauges? I've never seen them up-close before. GPs are even more rare down here then MCs.

mrapii- That is one nice El Camino, looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor