1979mc

Apprentice
Nov 5, 2008
Houston TX
Re: Another question I cant find the answer to on the intern

TexasT said:
1986montecarlols said:
:D ITs weird as time goes on,
I see people I know and was once friends with taking wrong paths and doing things I wouldnt do
for instance getting drunk everynight, partying every weekend week after week, not working jobs or even attempting to, these losers I used to call my friends. I still talk to some of these guys but so much anymore. One friend in particular I have is getting like a full ride scholarship because hes good at baseball yet now hes totally just quit and is going to a local college for an assoc. degree in English he will not go anwhere. i have other friends working for Delphi steer an gear all laid off at the moment and arent looking for jobs, Ive got other friends who are getting other BS degrees, have no common sense what so ever they dont even know the difference between rear and front wheel drive cars for god sakes lol. The real questioin here is this though, Ive never had a gf age 22 now, im very confident inmyself and I dont have any of the usual problems guys seem to have. You know, gettin it up, good looks, shyness lol haha. My problems are the girls have no interests like me such as fishing, history, reading, hiking, biking, those sorts of things.

So what should I just do wait till im a historion in about 5 years and then when im traveling the world in France etc look for people to date. If you guys think its a good idea then i down too. Let me know your thoughts. This has been on my shoulders for a while. :) :)

As a guy who turned 40 last year, don't sweat the fact that you are anything. Go out and live life to its fullest. Getting stuck in the stereo types and what others think is quite limiting in my opinion.

You are young. Do everything you dream of. You don't need anyone else to do them with. Take loads of pix and enjoy all that you can experience. You just might meet a mate along the way, but I wouldn't be out looking for one. Keep the option there but that shouldn't be the goal.

x2 and send me some noods :lol: after you take loads of pics..of her not you :D j/k

maximus84

Master Mechanic
Aug 8, 2008
Fidalgo Island,Washington
You guys need to travel & enjoy 1st BEFORE you get stuck on stereotypes you see on TV,etc..Then you will see things for yourselves & make your own judgements on different cultures & people.I have been around Asia,Europe,Canada,Mexico,etc. People are not much different anymore in most aspects,because the world is bcoming 'smaller' do to everyones access to the same info,etc. on the internet & everywhere else. Yes,there are different values & outlooks on some things in their cultures,but its the individual that counts

83LSWagon

Apprentice
Aug 19, 2008
Re: Yeha I agree

1986montecarlols said:
totally. I always imagine myself being with an english woman who loves history as much as I do. We would be exploring temples, ancient pyramids and what not once we get our degees. I dont think its that far fetched. Im not into religion ive studied far to many and i think they are all full of sh*t. I began loving history at a young age cause I collected old bottles out of ghost towns, rivers, and abandoned houses and made 100s of dollars each week selling them. Its a very interesting field. I just hope one day I meet someone who shares the interest with me. As for my love interest check out my new car forum.
Im kinda in the same boat, just a little younger(19)
Honestly though, when I imagine myself 20 years from now, I am the "cool rich uncle" in the movies. :lol: I have never found someone who I could see spending 3 months with much less any more time.
I guess I'm just glad I'm not alone in my "life status" :lol:

rebelgtp

Master Mechanic
Mar 5, 2009
La Grande OR
I live in a small college town where most peoples idea of a good night out is getting drunk off their *ss. This includes the "adults" around town.

Shortly after moving here I broke up with my girl friend, she was getting jealous of the girls in my classes if you can believe that. Mind you I'm also 29 so in most cases a good 10 years older than most of the girls I'm around all day.

Now me personally I don't drink much, even though I have my own bar in my home. I'll kick back a couple of beers every couple weeks, maybe a shot or two. That is it.

I have a damn hard time finding any girls around here that I share much of any interests with and most like to remind me of things like me being older :roll: even though most of the time its just kidding around.

There is one girl I have gotten very close with recently. We have Bio together and we arranged it so we were in the same labs next term, I'm teaching her photography and she is going to start working in the fossil lab with me (currently I'm the only one in there). She will text me several dozen times a day. The only problem is she has a boyfriend (its a long distance thing). I kinda hope something happens and they split so I can scoop her up :lol:

Oh and to top it off she goes hunting and is into guns, she offered to "gopher" for me when I start working on the Cutlass (and got excited when I mentioned my plans for it), we have some other interests in common oh and during spring break we are having a "veg" day where we are just going to hang out together all day and watch movies and play with the dogs.

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
Find out what in life makes you happy, and surround yourself with friends that share the same interests as you.

You'll find over time that many of your old friends drift away from you. At your age, most kids are still in college, living in dorms (or not), and it's their first taste of life on their own. They take advantage of that to the fullest by partying, drinking, and more. You have to realize that from their perspective, you're probably boring. And as you said, the stuff they like is boring to you (sports, party, hookers, blow, etc).

Most kids want to take a few years out of their life to party, experiment, booze it up, etc....especially before getting married and having kids. Once you have kids, your life if pretty much in a rut.

As for your friends that were laid off and not looking for a job, they probably did. They most likely couldn't find a job and gave up for a while. I had friends that have lost their job and couldn't find another good paying job for 9 months. They didn't give up and were looking every week for 9 months. That's just the economy. Pretty much every company in Chicago area is in a hiring freeze, I imagine it's the same everywhere else.

The dude with the baseball, that's interesting. Most people around me go to a community college just to take pre-requisite courses while they're still trying to figure out what they want to do for the rest of their life. Community colleges save a boatload of money. There's not much worse than going to a 4 year college and being 3 years into it (and $100k+ in debt) and not liking your degree decision. I've seen that happen tons of times. At least that guy is going to college.

Just don't be pissed if some of the party guys get hooked up with nice jobs because of all the social networking they've been doing. I don't like fraternity's, but you just can't beat the networking aspect of it. Nothing like seeing a slacker that barely scraped by in college to get a BS degree (story telling?) get hooked up with a job that pays more than my job because he knew someone in a frat or met someone at a party that liked them. That stuff pisses me off....

Euro p*rn, wtf?

1986montecarlols

Master Mechanic
Apr 4, 2008
woha I got

a lot of comments and i havent checked this thread in a while, actually a job that really interests me once i get my bachelors degree would be that of a research assistant. I dont have the slightest clue where someone of that stature would even work. I do know that they usually work at universities for professors and what not. You also have to have a bach. degree in the field you are researching. As for england, I am going to be traveling there next may with one of my professors for a 12 day stay, it should be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor