Anti-project: The Cheap b*st*rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_V

Master Mechanic
Jul 17, 2013
Sicklerville, NJ
Ok, there was definitely vacuum leak issues involved - which I explained in detail here... or more accurately, I explain why I'm an idiot, and why when someone says "have you checked for vacuum leaks" that I should keep my damn mouth shut when I'm about to say "Oh, there's no vacuum leaks, it can't be that!"

King_V

Master Mechanic
Jul 17, 2013
Sicklerville, NJ
Just a quickie update . . new fuel filter as mentioned in previous post - changed air filter and breather as well. Changed the larger-diameter vac hoses under the hood.

Got my spool of 5/32" vacuum line and will do the "replace all the decrepit hoses" job when time/weather permit.

Fun fact... my son is going to turn 8 today. Interesting part is that, seeing the car in the driveway, he's looked at it on the weekends I have him, and he seems to like the beast.....

"Daddy, we should try this car!"

Well, the other day, since my daily driver had to be taken to the shop, he came along for the ride, since The Cheap b*st*rd/The Blue Rajah would be the ride home. He's delighted with it... no idea why. He seems to love the smooth, blue vinyl seats. Or maybe he's just a little odd, like his dad! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor