Any one with 1979 WHITE Hurst Olds with GOLD Hurst Dazzler wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Do you have any pics? Another member with the black and gold H/O sent me pics. I am looking for someone with the WHITE/Gold 79 H/O
with either the Vision or HURST DAzzler wheels installed. The tires on my H/O will need replaced before I begin driving it
so I am looking at purchasing both the Hurst Dazzlers and new tires. I'll put the stock OEM Hurst wheels away for the next guy. If you have the pics can you send your
tire and wheel sizes as well. The wheels come in 15 inch and 17 inch and 20 inch. I am considering 15 or 17.........not 20 inch.

Thanks for any pics and info my H/O friends.............

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Good choice, they are a nice wheel and would go well in gold.

Reactions: 1 user

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Good choice, they are a nice wheel and would go well in gold.

Thank you.........I hope so.......the newer wheels will motivate me to get the body done..........but the safety of new
tires is the important factor......to replace the 14 inch tires now on the stock Hurst wheel means the pickings mighty slim.
So just upgrade both tires and wheels and give the 14s a good place to sleep.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
You don't need pictures. Anyone with half a brain knows those wheels looking ****ing AWESOME on 79 H/OS. It's almost as if...... they were made for it! Trust the Universe, Grasshopper.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I think if you want gold 15" that you have to get the "Vision" brand. Apparently Hurst don't "make" the wheels any longer as there is nothing but wheel accessories on their website. Maybe they contracted Vision or whoever in the past or simply sold out the pattern, but the same wheel is now a "Vision" brand. Didn't follow the wheels thing from Hurst so I don't know the history. Considered them for a minute for the Camaro but decided not to go that way.

https://www.visionwheel.com/wheel/12624/VisionWheel/Dazzler?finishID=3302

The Gold 15" x 7" has a 3.75" backspacing. Vision part number V324-5761GMF-5. They're like 110 bucks each from Summit, and that's a pretty good deal. It's a nice looking wheel.

The black Dazzlers are the only ones in 15"X7 that are 4" backspace that would mimic a factory type wheel. Don't know why you can't get those in gold. I guess you could paint them.

The Gold 17 x 8" wheel has a 4.5" b/s. These too might fit very well inside the wheel wells. I am by no means an expert on what wheels and how much offset and backspacing you can get away with, but the wheel wells are fairly forgiving with the 78-88 A/G bodies. These come under Vision part number V324-7861GMF0.

The 20" versions with your bolt pattern have huge backspacing so I suspect these were made with later model stuff in mind.

These are only some recommendations. Obviously, it's all up to you. Tariffs are coming so you may want to think about getting a set now...….

vsw-s2193_ml.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I noticed they were disappearing. I considered a black set for my Challenger but couldn't find them. Just get the Hurst center cap if you want 15". Yah 14" tires are limited to just a couple of brands and useable sizes.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Thats the wheel I’ve been planning for my black El Camino. Living in Pgh. Black and gold is THE color combo. Glad to hear they’re still going to be available, just without the Hurst name. I’ve got to wait till I get all my suspension and brake, rearend swaps done so I know what size is going to fit later. I’ve read on hear that the 2000 Camaro disc swap pushes the wheels out something like 3/8s of an inch. It makes sense that that then changes the back spacing of the wheel. Then theres the recomended taller ball joints that affect wheel sizing. So I’m not rushing to buy wheels more than ONCE

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
Looks like that is the case....Carid said they had them in stock so I ordered them and 4 tires and then Carid sends me an email
later saying they no longer have them...........(The Hurst ) so.,I had to cancel the tire order, I hope that gets cancelled in time.

Is our bolt pattern the 5X 4.75?

too many metric numbers being used nowadays for an old schooler..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor