Any one with 1979 WHITE Hurst Olds with GOLD Hurst Dazzler wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
I don't know what size tires most people run when going 17" but 25.3" diameter seems kind of short to me. IMO
If you want to keep the speedometer correct you need to replace the original tire circumference with a tire of the same circumference.
Stock showed 25.2 inches and the 25.3 will keep the speedo within a small % of the correct speed.

If you change tire diameter then plan on changing out your speedo gear AND the higher the diameter tire, the lower as in going from
2.73 down LOWER as you increase the diameter.

The car has 2.73 stock gear so go too large and you will have 2.50? rear gear?

What will your 1:1 final gear ratio be?

Any changes you make to the mathmatical equation set up in the car will result in a change in the characteristics.

I'm not looking to fill up the wheel wells............nor to have rubbing and clearance issues. To each his/her own............

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor