Any rubbing issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fryer1979

Apprentice
Oct 10, 2007
The Sticks, Ca.
I've got a set of rims and tires laying around from the old Camaro that I would like to use on a '78-'84 Regal. I know the bolt pattern is the same, I am just wondering about the tires: 215/60R15s on a 15x7 rim up front, and 255/60R15 on 15x8 in the back. Anyone think I might run into rubbing issues with these?

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
I'm sure they'll fit. Do you know the backspacing?

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Installing them and seeing if they work is the best way to find out. If you have the car and wheels/tires already, it is free to find out and won't even take a lot of time.

fryer1979

Apprentice
Oct 10, 2007
The Sticks, Ca.
No, I'm not sure of the back spacing, they came off of one similar years Camaro straight onto mine. Never needed to measure, they both look to be roughly 4 and a half inches. They fit under the Camaro fine and those things are a real pain for tire spacing. Guess I will just hang onto them 'til I settle on a car and find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor