Any weight lifters or body builders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

87montecarlomrc

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I was wondering what is a good supplement to take now days, I use to weight lift before and I've pretty much stoped, I use to take creatine and I know now days there's all kinds of better and different stuff, what is some good muscle building pills or drinks you all are taking

rustyroger

G-Body Guru
Mar 14, 2007
Margate, UK>
Use a good diet. If you take supplements it's like giving your engine a shot of nitrous, instant short term gain but long term damage.

I pumped iron for around 10 years, never took anything but a high carb diet. I'm 5'11", 170 lbs now, still in good shape at 56. Unlike some of my bodybuilding buddies I don't have arthritis or need to walk with a stick.

Roger.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
There's no proof that creatine causes long term damage is there?

rustyroger

G-Body Guru
Mar 14, 2007
Margate, UK>
kornball426 said:
There's no proof that creatine causes long term damage is there?

There was no proof that smoking was bad for your health for a long time.
Somewhere on the net you should find links to properly conducted analysis of creatine, don't believe what you want to be true because it suits you.

Roger.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
I was just asking... Because I read the benefits of creatine at one time when I was lifting a lot but I never used it. They say because it's a naturally occurring chemical that's produced in the body in response to muscle tissue stress that it's just like giving your body more of a good thing.

I'm a cheap b*st*rd though, no way I was going to pay those outrageous prices for supplements. :lol:

rustyroger

G-Body Guru
Mar 14, 2007
Margate, UK>
I didn't mean any disrespect in my last post, hope I didn't cause offense.
Our bodies produce a lot of performance enhancing chemicals, adrenaline for fight or flight situations being an obvious example.
It has taken nature many millions of years to get it right, I wonder how much research has gone into long term effects of such supplements by the corporations that want to make a profit?. And how much of the results have been published, the tobacco industry did a fine job of suppressing information about the harmful effects its products for many years.

Roger.

kornball426

Royal Smart Person
May 29, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Yeah I didn't think you were trying to be sarcastic or snide or whatever... I was really just asking whether or not it has been linked to long term negative effects. It's all good.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
one thing to keep in mind is that even "natural" supplements can still be dangerous in a large enough quantity.

rustyroger

G-Body Guru
Mar 14, 2007
Margate, UK>
Too much of anything can be harmful Bigtooth, even water is fatal if too much is taken at once, dromedary camels are about the best adapted mammal to deal with over and under hydration.
Beer, chocolate, fries, ice cream, name your favourite junk food/alcoholic beverage wont do any damage until you start overdoing it.
"A little of what you fancy does you good" to quote an old vaudeville song.

Roger.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
i was never a weight lifter, but after 6 years of wrestling, 4 years of gymnastics and 3 years in the army i know a good work out when i see one. a good "all around" workout IMO is that P90X program and a good diet. it reminds me of basic training. i remember going in to basic i was 5'6" and 132 lbs and when i got out i was 165 lbs. still 5'6" tho lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor