MALIBU Champion radiators...anybody used them?

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I have mine controlled by a temp sensor in the intake manifold. Our stuff gets a little hotter in Arizona. The sun has no mercy on anything. I’m guessing I can turn on the second fan manually or wire them both to just come on.

Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I have mine controlled by a temp sensor in the intake manifold. Our stuff gets a little hotter in Arizona. The sun has no mercy on anything. I’m guessing I can turn on the second fan manually or wire them both to just come on.
Yes and no, they both come on but then hit a higher speed whenever it hits the second temp I have it at. But I am sure you can just wire to go fast to begin with

Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
but it's a dry heat rite;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Yes melloelky, the heat is dry. It’s been low one teens here for a couple months at least.

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
I swear i read somewhere a 2 row radiator with 1" tubes or 1 1/4" tubes is ideal. I have a northern radiator with dual 11" spals and im happy with it. My 1st aluminum was a 2 row 3/4" tubes wasnt big enough and would run warm. Also make sure you get a v8 radiator, not a v6 as there are different sizes. Josh
26” V8 radiator makes a big difference. Unless you do mods’ to fit 28”. I’ve heard people that have done it.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I like the Monte mount you did. I might do something like that with studs for the fan side so it can come off easily.
I didn't use studs but I tapped the aluminum brackets and put Loctite on the bolts, so it works the same, I just undo the nuts.

Reactions: 2 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor