Anyone ever found a build sheet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach1Guy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 23, 2008
Kingston Ontario
Blake442 said:
I found three in my 442. The sheets for the g-body cars aren't as complete as the ones that were in mopars and stuff back in the day. They usually just held a little info pertaining to a certain area of the car. The first one I found (at least its illegible remains) was under the back seat between the frame and the foam, then there was another behind the door panel on the drivers door, and I found another on top of my gas tank...
I guess you never know till you look... It seems like they ended up where ever the assembly line worker felt like putting them that day...

Sounds like you found one everywhere they could be found.....Guess the only one left could be in the headliner :)

78MC-BBC

Master Mechanic
Jan 29, 2008
found two build sheets in my 78, one under the drivers side carpet and one in the back of the back seat top cushion

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Found another between the springs and foam of the top part of the back seat. Pretty rotted though.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Mach1Guy said:
This is probably a dumb question but do G-bodys have the SPID Label hidden somewhere.....forgot about some GM's having them

It's on the underside of the trunklid, but you won't find them on your cars - they didn't start until 1984 IIRC.

Another place build sheets pop up is if you unzip the front seat covers - it may be hidden under there on the backside.

Also note there are two different kinds - build sheets and trim sheets. More info on them here:

http://www.montecarloss.com/community/u ... Post566861

Geesie

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2008
San Diego
I just found the surviving portion of mine under the back seat. Unfortunately, what's still readable doesn't give much beyond the original color it was painted (white).

Mach1Guy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 23, 2008
Kingston Ontario
Maybe I will remove the back seat this weekend and check it out.....seems like the most common place for items.

Mach1Guy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 23, 2008
Kingston Ontario
BBC_cutty said:
i found 2 under my back seat, both the same

LOL Some people find nothing......you find 2...must be nice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor