Anyone hear of Labwork carburetors?

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
DOT 3 brake fluid
Believe it or not, I used some cheap brake fluid to strip an entire boat. It was an 18' Lund aluminum skiff that needed stripping for a repaint. After brushing on the brake fluid, I wrapped the hull with cheap plastic drop cloth sheets. That kept the hull from drying out and that brake fluid just ate the many layers of old paint right off. After about 3 days I washed off all the crud and it was ready for etching primer and fresh paint.

P8140631.JPG P8300661.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I've got 4 or 5 qjets if anyone wants some... some chevy, one 800cfm if i remember right.... $25+ shipping a pop... :)

Reactions: 2 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Mr Sony can you post the carb numbers?

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Yep I remember the 80s when they came out with all the environmentally friendly stuff that didn't work. The old stuff was way better, but can't get any more. I use the Berryman and Purple Power for most stuff anymore.

Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Why do you think the Brits drank/drink their beer and booze at room temperature?. Lucas, prince of darkness was also the manufacturer who was responsible for the production of refrigerators over there.

Nick

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Why do you think the Brits drank/drink their beer and booze at room temperature?. Lucas, prince of darkness was also the manufacturer who was responsible for the production of refrigerators over there.

Nick
because refrigerated beer has no flavor and if it did it would be like piss?

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
The Labwork carb came today. If I didn't know better, I would have guessed it came from TEMU. Everything about it is cheapola, but I expected that. I can barely get the choke to close. The slider return spring is so strong I may have to cut some coils off. Otherwise the throttle hand grip will be a bear to turn. There is no indication Labwork had anything to do with this carb except for the return address on the crumbly box. The part numbers I mentioned are not on it anywhere. Otherwise 'made in China' is obvious everywhere. I just hope it runs.

IMG_0804.JPG

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
All I need is for it to WORK. I don't care if it looks like it was dipped in shiznit. The Amazon reviews were that this was the best of the pick so we shall see.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor