Anyone into the "hot rod" vans of years ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

455rocket

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2011
PA
mebe007 said:
This is at a local shop around here called pro trucks. its in Chesapeake VA

gotta love the mystery machine. This is before they redid it and made it even bigger
mystery.jpg

mystery2.jpg

That is Classic!

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
I absolutley love old vans and im not a bit embarassed to admit it. After I get my cutlass where I want it, im debating on a big old convertile, or van. Preferably a 60s econoline or gmc/chevy. The kind with the front that goes straight down, and you sit in front of the axle with the engine right by your right arm.

rlsllc

Apprentice
Sep 24, 2007
Ohio
Here's mine:

vans_1-1.jpg

The newer one is a 1999 AWD GMC Safari with a built 4L60 and a Vortec 350. It is my wife's daily driver. I also built the rear end with G80 locker.

The older one is a 1989 GMC Safari 4x4 with a Tuned Port 350 with a cam and headers. It has a SM465 cast iron 4 speed, NP241 transfer case, 3.73 gears, locking rear axle and posi-lok front axle (like hubs). It has 6" or so of lift. I was going to do a straight axle in the front and heavier axle in the rear, but I have decided to leave it alone and work on my Monte.

rustyroger

G-Body Guru
Mar 14, 2007
Margate, UK>
Every year I go to the Rebel Vanners meet in south east England, lots of custom paint and trick interiors to see and a fun heavy duty partying weekend.
Vans turn up from across Europe to take part from as far afield as Norway and Italy, like taking a trip from Chicago to Phoenix. That's what I call taking a hobby seriously :D .

I don't know how to add a link but if you put "rebelvanners" in your search engine it will take you there.

Roger

motorholmes

Master Mechanic
Oct 1, 2007
A while back I saw a van in the mag or the internet, IDK, but it was a 1950's delivery/cargo van. It looked like a cross between a Volkswagen bus and an alien man-eating insect. I think the guy had a LS motor in it too.

That thing was HOT. I wish I could find the photos now.. No idea where to look

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
This was for sale locally recently. I'd rock the sh*t out of it (van pun totally intended :wink: ):
5O65Fb5M93If3N53Hac2581df858f814e1cd1.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That is one smokin' lookin' step van. Aluminum I take it. Very cool!
I knew a guy locally that owned a '56 Dodge milk truck. Talk about rare trucks. It was another very cool, unique truck.
Also, always dug the old Divco milk trucks of the '40's and '50's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor