anyone know anything about this cutlass...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2010
i found this today, its an 86' cutlass white with no chrome all black trim. it has chrome rally wheels and a rear sway bar also.
its a V8 with a blue interior. looks to have an aftermarket vacum gauge in it. it belongs to the original owner who worked at a local olds dealer. its got 80,000 miles.

is it a special model?
thanks
frankie

IMG_20100915_134052.jpg

IMG_20100915_133924.jpg

IMG_20100915_133854.jpg

IMG_20100915_133839.jpg

IMG_20100915_133829.jpg
5_133829.jpg]
th_IMG_20100915_133829.jpg
[/url]

85salonn442

Greasemonkey
Aug 17, 2009
Chicago
Some Cutlass' came without the chrome trim, I had a two-tone brown & gold 85 supreme that had no chrome at all. Also EVERY Cutlass came with a sway bar so if yours doesn't have one it was more than likely removed. So far as the wheels there nothing but regular rally wheels 14s at that so its nothing special. The guage must've been something the owner did.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
85salonn442 said:
Some Cutlass' came without the chrome trim, I had a two-tone brown & gold 85 supreme that had no chrome at all.
NOT TRUE
yeah, if it was an 83 Hurst Olds and even then the window trim was all chrome painted half black and the drip rails and b pillars were chrome too. That was the ONLY car that came with the least amount of chrome.
So your Supreme came with no chrome bumpers, window trim, hood spear, grilles, headlight bezels, etc...
I think what you're refering to is lower chrome moldings and even then
All Supremes at minimum had chrome wheel well trim and a very thin strip of chrome on the very bottom rocker unless someone removed yours.
NO Cutlasses came with blackout window trim like GNs.

Oregon350Cutlass

Apprentice
Jan 4, 2008
85salonn442 said:
Also EVERY Cutlass came with a sway bar so if yours doesn't have one it was more than likely removed.
He said REAR sway bar.And not every cutlass or G-Body for that matter had a rear sway bar.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Nope, not all had a rear swaybar. Actually, it is the rarity to have a rear bar. Only time you got a rear bar is if you ordered the F41 packages, what a Salon, Calais, 442 or HO had, or if you had a supreme/brougham and added the F41 as an option. If it has a 4 bolt quick ratio box, it may also have a rear bar. Dont know what that option code was but ive found a few like that. My 84 supreme parts car had a factory quick ratio box and rear swaybar.

My 81 supreme didnt have a rear bar when I got it, and neither did my 85 Salon.

If every cutlass you see has a rear bar, id be super suprised.

And that car reminds me of a local one, one of those "coach builder" cars. No rear windows, wierd options, ect. The trim could have been painted from the factory that color judging by the sticker on the back. It could be a poorly painted home custom though.

Oregon350Cutlass

Apprentice
Jan 4, 2008
No i'm pretty sure they didn't.My 81 cutlass supreme brougham didn't have one and it was fully loaded 100% stock.My friend has had many cutlass' and only one had it,it was a 442.It was a factory option I'm pretty sure.Maybe it was depends on the year but I know not EVERY cutlass especially base model had one.

85salonn442

Greasemonkey
Aug 17, 2009
Chicago
Hey I can admit when Im wrong I just know I've seen sway bars on a lot of cutlasses I mean real-deal granny cars. But in my defense this was info I was told so its on me not to research what I was told. Ive owned 4 cutlasses (2 supremes & 2 salons) and out of all of them only 1 (85 supreme) didnt come with a rear sway bar but that car was tampered with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor