Anyone play with 2nd gen camaro's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I think it would be a good candidate. They’re not light. But they’re easy to make work and there’s a ton of parts available. Frame connectors, with a cage and cal tracs and you’re done.

Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I have been selling off my stash of 2nd gen Firebird stuff for several years now. A guy from Brooklyn needing door glass came with a '71 Camaro his Dad had passed on to him. It had a 454 and was a typical NYC sleeper. In primer, but a well built solid car. I loved it. I never knew they used the same 1rst gen radiator mount-to-fender braces while the Firebirds used those big heavy steel slabs. Other small differences make some parts unique. I still lean towards the Firebirds and I have a 455 that would look great in a rust-free car if I could afford one.

Reactions: 2 users

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
I think it would be a good candidate. They’re not light. But they’re easy to make work and there’s a ton of parts available. Frame connectors, with a cage and cal tracs and you’re done.
Car has frame connectors on all ready with traction bars,car has th350 with a small converter ,guy bought it for the big block that was in it

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Well if you go for it let me know. I’ve set up a few leaf spring cars. My friend had a 69 camaro that we did and I had a 70 ss nova.

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Well if you go for it let me know. I’ve set up a few leaf spring cars. My friend had a 69 camaro that we did and I had a 70 ss nova.
Well just sold the other somerset I bought so I'ma go look at it again with a buddy get a closer look at it ,my 400 4 speed drive train should be fun in that car or leave the th350 that's in it ,it ran 10.30s in my regal should be able to do the same in the Camaro

Reactions: 1 users

78chevolds

Greasemonkey
Jun 25, 2013
https://nastyz28.com/camaro/camaro-weight.html

About 3200 lbs. Actually not bad when you compare the weights of newer cars Today. For example the gross weight of a Hyundai Accent is on average 3500 lbs. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a Camaro. I would check the rear frame rails. The car is not a full unibody. Only the rear. The front is a sub frame cradle. The other advantage is there are plenty of reproduction parts available.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
https://nastyz28.com/camaro/camaro-weight.html

About 3200 lbs. Actually not bad when you compare the weights of newer cars Today. For example the gross weight of a Hyundai Accent is on average 3500 lbs. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a Camaro. I would check the rear frame rails. The car is not a full unibody. Only the rear. The front is a sub frame cradle. The other advantage is there are plenty of reproduction parts available.
I see 3600 pounds plus for a 1980 V8 car. No that isn't terrible compared to new cars. My V6 AWD Challenger is 4100. The RWD V6 is 3800 and the V8 is around 4000 pounds. The current Camaro is a similar weight to this 2nd gen. It also only seats four, has useless trunk and is more homely than even the gaudiest 2 gen with with all its 70's plastic goodness.

39F

G-Body Guru
Sep 9, 2019
Pittsburgh PA
Well pretty sure me and the girlfriend got covid so sh*ts on hold for a few days til we get results ,so video games and crown royal for now 😂😂😂

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor