anyone running <10 sec 1/4 on stock rear suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeth hale

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2016
clare, Michigan
I am just wondering when I get done with my motor what im going to do with the rear suspension I'd like the car to still handle on the road so I'd rather not go to a ladder bar setup

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I know plenty of Turbo Buick/GN guys are, but that's with the 8.5. If you have a 7.5 and want to go 10s, hell, even low 13s, ditch it. Get a 12 bolt, 8.5 out of a GN, or a 9 inch. THere is nothing really that changes how a car like a g body handles besides bushings and shocks and springs. If you want a 10 second car, be prepared to sacrifice road manners.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I haven't drag races before but I'd like to run at mid Michigan yes
Try and read up on the tech rules for whatever track you may attend. Most tracks have normal rules like no leaking fluids, all rubber lines and belts in good shape, working safety equipment, etc. And if your car runs 10s, you need a cage. If you dip into the nines, you need a parachute. Lastly, if you want to run 10s, in a G body, you will need a lot of time, effort, and dough.

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
We have run at Mid Michigan for the last 7 or 8 years. You will need to have the proper NHRA safety equipment for your ET. Our Regal has been 10.90 with the stock rear suspension

168.jpg

et-quick-reference.png

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Try and read up on the tech rules for whatever track you may attend. Most tracks have normal rules like no leaking fluids, all rubber lines and belts in good shape, working safety equipment, etc. And if your car runs 10s, you need a cage. If you dip into the nines, you need a parachute. Lastly, if you want to run 10s, in a G body, you will need a lot of time, effort, and dough.
Yes, no leaking fluids, locking trans dipstick and any amount of rubber fuel hose is frowned upon at our track, we follow NHRA rules as a guideline.

Last edited:

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Yes, no leaking fluids, locking trans dipstick and any amount of rubber fuel hose is frowned upon at our track.
I think it was no more than 8 inches of rubber fuel, or fluid line anywhere on the vehicle. 99% hard line or braided SS line.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
They let me run with the rubber hose off the Charcoal canister but said I should eliminate it. I am pulling it off the 88 and throwing it on the 70 S with braided lines.

SoFloG

Royal Smart Person
Mar 9, 2016
South Florida
Good thread guys! I'm 20 min away from the old moroso track, which is now pbir. I know I won't pass tech as is but is good to know what to plan for. sh*t, we run outlaw anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor