Anyone running electric vacuum pump ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2009
Ponce De Leon , Florida
Just wondering what you have my car had one previously but it got robbed before i bought it , i need one to run my brakes i know summit carries three of them for this purpose , just curious if anyone has a recommendation .

Thanks

malibulvr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 7, 2008
Pensacola, Florida 32526
Go to AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, etc... Have them look up a vacuum pump to fit a late 70's - early 80's Caddy Deville. If I recall they are around $100 or so N.I.B.. They used to be plentifull in junkyards but none of those cars are still around much down here. They were mounted below the battery in the inner fenderwell.

If you can't find one of these, remember that any 12-volt powered tire compressor/inflator is actually a vacuum pump and can be modified to work, just don't use the cheapie version from Harbor Freight, or Walmart....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor