motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Hyperjunk is their street name. A legit tune from a reputable tuner is going to be vastly superior. That said, I understand they have the ability to hook up to a laptop to do some real tuning. They've done weird stuff with the timing, not altered things that really should have been addressed, etc. This is the most praise I've ever seen for them in a single thread.

Reactions: 1 users

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015
Are we really discussing "tuning" a Jeep Liberty?

Take it somewhere to get the running condition fixed. Messing with the ECM programing is just asking for trouble.

Reactions: 1 user

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Are we really discussing "tuning" a Jeep Liberty?

Take it somewhere to get the running condition fixed. Messing with the ECM programing is just asking for trouble.

It doesn't sound like the car is broken, this is a personal preference thing.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
A legit tune from a reputable tuner is going to be vastly superior.
You are probably right about that. But around here (NYC) if is not a Japanese car you are pretty much alone.
It doesn't sound like the car is broken
It is not broken. Just programmed for LAME mode. If I can get the OD to kick in later and the lockup to release with less TPS angle, I will be very happy.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I had the Hypertech years ago that worked great on both my 99 Tahoe and 2001 HD 2500 at the same time because it was removable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor