anyone use jegs headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjohn07

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2010
i want to get a good set of headers but dont want to spend alot of money. i can get either jegs for 100 or flowtechs for 150. longtubes is what im lookin at. anyone use jegs im just worried about the headers lining up and the quality of the welds. i dont want them to leak after a few months.

i got the 90 buck jegster headers for my chevy 350, they work fine, but were a b*tch to get on. If i could do it again id just put that money toward some ceramic coated ones.

theres alot of lowbuck headers on the market summit has a nice set and so does jegs and yea they are a PITA (pain in the *ss) lol
if your doing a SBC its not as bad as a BBC in a Gbody ( had to pull the motor) and yea those ARE PRICEY !!!!!! 595.00 !!!

when u say pita do u mean like u had to hammer them a bit to fit or u just have to move stuff around to get them in.

okay not to bad. i already got the rad and shroud off. im gonna pull the heads to put new valves and springs on em but since u say i got to remove engine mounts and jack up the motor i guess i can change the oil pump to a hv one and redo the oil pan gasket and put new mounts.

I have the jegs brand on my 84 cutlass with 350 chevy and the fit great. I can slide them in and out without taking out motor mounts. One will slip out bottom one slips out top (dont rember what sides) I had to take out starter and oil filter but that was it. I would recomend them as a good inexpensive header

I had to take off starter and oil filter aswell as reroute the oil sending unit. But one goes in from the bottom and one from the top. Didn't have to jack up the engine or nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor