AR fans enter here ;)

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Whose into them? I started like many, with an M16A1. Thousands and thousands of rounds down range over the years. Finally decided I needed to have my own AR. Built this one for less than $500. Used a Ruger stripped lower, complete upper with stainless 18" .223 Wylde barrel. Just finished it last month. Now have two more to build :) Yes those are iron sights, that's what I'm used to and you can always see thru them even when wet :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I love AR's, but don't own any yet. I've shot some tricked out units at the range, but trying to "finish" the Cutlass before I save up for one. My M&P 9mm is good enough to carry for now.

Reactions: 3 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Is this the pirate convention?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I thought this was a Razorback thread when I first saw it.... :)

I'm with Injectedcutty on this. I like the lightweight feel some of the homebuilt units have. A friend is bigtime into rifles and let me borrow a few types to shoot.

While I would like to get one or build one, my M&P 9 gives me some comfort. Side note, they have a shorter M&P now. But not a big enough difference to replace my old one.

All I'm going to say is, "Come and just try to buy this back, beeyotch!"

• Friendly
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Only Ruger I have is a plinking pistol SR22. It's kinda nice little unit, and relatively cheap. <$500 for an AR build is pretty awesome. If you scope it though, you'll likely bust that 500 easily.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I thought this was a Razorback thread when I first saw it.... :)

I'm with Injectedcutty on this. I like the lightweight feel some of the homebuilt units have. A friend is bigtime into rifles and let me borrow a few types to shoot.

While I would like to get one or build one, my M&P 9 gives me some comfort. Side note, they have a shorter M&P now. But not a big enough difference to replace my old one.

All I'm going to say is, "Come and just try to buy this back, beeyotch!"
Yeah, I've got the M&P 2.0 sub compact. It's super easy to conceal and shoots really friggin nice for such a small pistol! I'd hate to be on the receiving end of the critical defense round as well!
I know it's no rifle, but I'll have one at some point.

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Being that I live in NY, this rifle of course is not there since it's not compliant... 😂 With everything I have going on in my life right now, I didn't want to sign up for my CC permit. I should get it, the local county has finally loosened the reins. But the house build and my current trip to Australia for work has kept me busy. Actually left this morning and currently on the plane at 34k feet LOL Isn't technology great!

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Only Ruger I have is a plinking pistol SR22. It's kinda nice little unit, and relatively cheap. <$500 for an AR build is pretty awesome. If you scope it though, you'll likely bust that 500 easily.
Here is a couple pics of my brother n laws competition 22. He's sick with it, but this rifle is dead *ss accurate!! Attach0(7).jpg Attach0(8).jpg

Reactions: 3 users

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
Only own 1 AR type rifle., Stag Arms model 45. I got it several years ago. It is a great rifle. Hits whatever it is pointed at IMG_20191003_103425.jpg despite my poor eyesight and is 100% reliable. It has the pop up rear site. The only upgrade is the Magpul magazines. IMG_20191003_103450.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor