AR fans enter here ;)

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Can I ask you guys what you use them for? They're certainly not hunting rifles.

• Angry
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Target practice and enjoyment
Okay, thank you for your answer. I'm by no means looking to be controversial, I just was curious as to how AR owners use their weapons.. I realize that they're mostly used in a military capacity.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
people do use them for hunting, they are light weight and not much recoil.....it's a nice weapon
Steve,
An animal wouldn't have a chance against an AR or AK. Wouldn't that take the sport out of sport hunting? Just my observation. And again, I;m not looking to start a sh*t storm.

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
Ordered my AR 3 weeks ago, should be finished by end of the month. Custom made in Germany by Oberland Arms in 9mm with a 12.5" barrel. The perfect zombie hunter.

Unbenannt.JPG

Unbenannt2.JPG

For everything 100yrds.+ I use my .233 H&K SL8.
My handguns include a M&P 9L, a custom made Swiss Arms 1911 in .45ACP and a .22lr High Standard Supermatic Citation.
All have been modified for sports shooting and accuracy.

Reactions: 6 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Steve,
An animal wouldn't have a chance against an AR or AK. Wouldn't that take the sport out of sport hunting? Just my observation. And again, I;m not looking to start a sh*t storm.

there are different companies that make their version of the AR 15 and some are more adaptable for hunting and they use a single shot. Personally I like to go hunting with my M1

Mounted_Soldier_System_(MSS).jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Friendly
Reactions: 3 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Ordered my AR 3 weeks ago, should be finished by end of the month. Custom made in Germany by Oberland Arms in 9mm with a 12.5" barrel. The perfect zombie hunter.

View attachment 125008

View attachment 125009

For everything 100yrds.+ I use my .233 H&K SL8.
My handguns include a M&P 9L, a custom made Swiss Arms 1911 in .45ACP and a .22lr High Standard Supermatic Citation.
All have been modified for sports shooting and accuracy.
In NY, anything with a barrel less than 16" is considered a pistol, so you must have a pistol license for it

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor