Arizona friends, question on emissions/exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
One of the best bang for the buck improvrments for a 305 is a ZZ4 PROM chip. A guy named Bitflipper sells them on Montecarloss.com. Very easy to install too. As for headers, Hedman currently makes 50 state legal full length headers for G bodies with SBC engines. They are not as easy to install as the old TES and 2050s, but they will work. Replacing the stock timing chain with a true double roller chain helps a lot too.

As for LS swaps, the only truly legal LS swaps into older cars that were never designed for them are the expensive EROD crate LS engines from GM. There are some legal issues with swapping in used standard production LS engines into older cars. Most of the aftermarket just completely ignores said issues and blindly push swap products. ERODs are special production engines with special emission packages and paperwork that makes them legal for old cars.

black_aerocoupe

Greasemonkey
Apr 12, 2012
The only 50 state legal headers by the letter of the law were Hooker 2050 and Edelbrock TES.

My last pass was with an '87 and engine pretty stock, with Catco replacement cat, and I was passing smog from the 90s to 2016 with the E-Q-jet along the way.

If you want to see a set of off-car 2050 Hookers up close and personal, let me know.

Reactions: 1 user

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
The only 50 state legal headers by the letter of the law were Hooker 2050 and Edelbrock TES.

My last pass was with an '87 and engine pretty stock, with Catco replacement cat, and I was passing smog from the 90s to 2016 with the E-Q-jet along the way.

If you want to see a set of off-car 2050 Hookers up close and personal, let me know.

Sure, lets take a look.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
The Hedman headers have a CARB EO number, which means they are even CA legal for G bodies. Hoaever, the old TES and 2050 headers are easier to install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor