Astro Van Engine Swap (Completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

86Limited

Greasemonkey
Sep 14, 2009
The Gunshine State, Fl
I'm with you on that one, nothing but a headache. There's nothing more that will piss you off than watching some person pull by your house with a golf cart and clip board in hand writing stuff down while looking at your property. I'm done with that sh*t!

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Re: Astro Van Engine Swap

86Limited said:
dan2286 said:
I would love to know what your neighbors said when they first saw the van being propped up like that :rofl:

I'm assuming you live in a non HOA community! you got to love them condo commandos :rofl:

I am very lucky where I live. I am sure I have broken lots of city ordinances and annoyed some neighbors, but have never had any problems. My Cutlass was at one point sitting in the driveway for a couple years with no front suspension and it was sitting on blocks and no one complained. Don't forget the driving around with open manifolds, sometimes at full throttle :lol:

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
Re: Astro Van Engine Swap

jrm81bu said:
Well ichecked out the fuel pressure. 95-100lbs is not a good thing. I had known about the injector assemblies going bad, but not about the regulators. Before I did anything else, I decided to check the return line. Sure enough, plugged. We put 125psi in to it and nothing.
Unhooked the line down by the tank(previous splice), blew air through the line, not plugged. Figured it must be plugged in the ending unit or the short section of line before it. Went ahead and dropped the tank, blew air into the sending unit, not pugged. OK what the hell?
The only good thing about dropping the tank again was seeing the brake line behind it leaking. We put the tank back in and blew through the line again, and no restrictions. Tuned on the key, 60psi. Not sure why it wasn't f;lowing before but it is now.
Went to start the van and it wouldn't fire. Plugged the distributor back in :oops: , but still wouldn't start. Figured we fouled the plugs, so I changed them(not the funnest thing to do). Hit the key and fired right up and ran smooth. Bout friggin time! :D

Still gotta fix the brakes. Got a feeling that will require replacing most of it, ie, steel line, rubber line, steel lines on the diff and prolly the wheel cylinders. Then bleed them which will prolly require replacing the calipers and maybe front rubber lines :roll: . Then get some good tires on it, clean it up, post some pics, and call this one done.

I hope. :mrgreen:
the funny thing about anything mecanical is that its its not working, take it apart and put it back together and THAT fixes it. i musta don that to a bajillion things and thats all it needed. funny how that werks... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor