Astro van steering shafts

1320John$$$

G-Body Guru
Sep 18, 2019
Pennsylvania
Don't be sorry about asking. I have a Chrysler style Borgeson box so I had to get a knucle to fit the box and Astro shaft. The bottom of the Astero shaft is a 1" DD in case you need to modify the Astro shaft to fit.. Looking at your set up perhaps you can cut the shaft behind the rag joint and get a knuckle to fit the shaft and the spline.
Why didn’t I Think of that instead of going the easy way out and just buying a bolt on Astro shaft for about the same price I could’ve gotten a knuckle and just welded it on what the hell was I thinking Thanks for the help that’s a great idea

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Why didn’t I Think of that instead of going the easy way out and just buying a bolt on Astro shaft for about the same price I could’ve gotten a knuckle and just welded it on what the hell was I thinking Thanks for the help that’s a great idea

we built the steering columns on all our circle track cars so stuff like this is common to me....you won't have to weld it on, they come with set screws, I like to put a flat spot on the shaft so the set screw in more secure. I don't know why I still call the u-joint a knuckle but this the brand I use. They are pricey but built in the US and I don't like to look for bargains with brakes and steering.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Mr. ostrich...I hope I did cost you any sales and I apologize for hijacking your thread.... :)

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
I'll give a shout out for Ostrich's work.......between the new shaft he made and some new steering components I went from a canyon
crasher to "almost" a canyon carver............

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor