Astro van steering shafts

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Here is a link to a video I watched when I did my Camaro. Same for the G-body.
Only thing you have to do is clearance the steering shaft so the bolt can get by. The original shaft goes right thru the steering column piece. Take a look, easy.

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users

streetrod

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 15, 2015
Toronto
Hey dude, I'm in Holland Landing L9N 1L2. I'm interested in one of these.
On another note, my local yards seem to be lacking any 2wd Blazers or Jimmy's..... I'm also looking for the front spindle/brake upgrade if you run across any.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
The 2wd '98-'05 Blazers & Jimmys are pretty much non-existant in Ontario. If you want the parts for this swap, you're probably going to get them shipped from the States. There is an ad in the parts section of the site, with someone who has these parts for sale.

ostrich

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Yes, very hard to find. I stumbled on mine last year & bought them. Problem with the States is the shipping back. Those things are pretty heavy with the spindles, hubs, rotors & calipers

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Probably the thing to do when shipping them from the US to Canada is to just ship the spindles, dust shields (if they are nice) and the bolts that attach the hubs to the spindles. Everything else is readily available online or at the Auto Parts store.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor