Is this yours?

kens78front.jpg

Its downright badd-asss!

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
Dude!

That car is so cool it is now my desktop wallpaper. I just love it!

What's under the hood?????????

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
me likey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

srercrcr

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2006
San Antonio, Texas
By the late 70s buyers were interested more in fuel economy than performance. Performance was relegated to the TransAms etc. The Grandam couldn't get traction....basically a lower-cost Lemans body with a unique front end, some menu-selected performance image items that were available in other Pontiac lines, and no true performance under the hood, which can be attributed to emissions legislation and gasoline costs. Sales were poor.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
srercrcr said:
By the late 70s buyers were interested more in fuel economy than performance. Performance was relegated to the TransAms etc. The Grandam couldn't get traction....basically a lower-cost Lemans body with a unique front end, some menu-selected performance image items that were available in other Pontiac lines, and no true performance under the hood, which can be attributed to emissions legislation and gasoline costs. Sales were poor.

You sound pretty knowledgable about them 8) I have seen a Buick Skylark, and it must have been from right around the same time frame because it looked very simular to that GrandAm

grandamman

G-Body Guru
Nov 7, 2005
up in the hills
Yeah, sales wern't too good with only ~13,435 coupes sold over a 3 year run. Grand Prix and Malibu sold well over 500,000 each over the same time I believe. Lemans and Grand Lemans sold over 500,000 combined too!

The only engine options in 78 and 79 other than the 140 h.p. (2 brl) or 150 h.p. (4 brl) 301 cu in was the 400 c.i. @ 180 or 220 h.p.

But........not an option in the Grand Ams.
Dosn't mean they won't fit though

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor