Auto Parts Store Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
I partially agree with ya. Most of my jobs have been customer service and I am done with them for good. Pay me 8 bucks an hour to deal with *ssh*les. No thanks. I'd rather stamp a part in a factory for 10 an hour. Sucks those are about our only choices now a days. Joining the military has been really really tempting lately.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
What about getting paid a measly $26k a year to manage those under-paid counterpersons :blam:

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
As much as I hate to say it, you should look at going to AZ, Ritter...they dont pay much, but they do pay more than that! Most AZ GM's make in the 30-40k range, plus bonus. It amazes me that your company doesnt pay a GM better than that....thats just nutz.... :roll:

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
CHRIS.O said:
I partially agree with ya. Most of my jobs have been customer service and I am done with them for good. Pay me 8 bucks an hour to deal with *ssh*les. No thanks. I'd rather stamp a part in a factory for 10 an hour. Sucks those are about our only choices now a days. Joining the military has been really really tempting lately.
Like Ive said before...if your not making 12.50/hr...you are getting ripped off! Why? Look at the cost of living versus the pay since the yr I was born. In 1964, gas cost .35/gallon, a ford mutant cost 2300.00, a single beer in a bar cost 50cents. the minimum wage in 1964 was 1.25/hr .... now compare our prices today to the minimum wage...and you will see that 10.00/hr isnt enough to live off of....so why is the minimum wage still 7.25/hr? Raise it to 12.50/hr and those people will start spending money, paying more taxes, and putting others back to work....to hell with the corporations and the jackasses they rode in on!.....sorry...just gets me so pissed off when I think about it.

CHRIS.O

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2011
MI
bill said:
CHRIS.O said:
Like Ive said before...if your not making 12.50/hr...you are getting ripped off! Why? Look at the cost of living versus the pay since the yr I was born. In 1964, gas cost .35/gallon, a ford mutant cost 2300.00, a single beer in a bar cost 50cents. the minimum wage in 1964 was 1.25/hr .... now compare our prices today to the minimum wage...and you will see that 10.00/hr isnt enough to live off of....so why is the minimum wage still 7.25/hr? Raise it to 12.50/hr and those people will start spending money, paying more taxes, and putting others back to work....to hell with the corporations and the jackasses they rode in on!.....sorry...just gets me so pissed off when I think about it.

I'm with ya bud. Where Ritter and I grew up and I still live there is nothing here. You are lucky to get a 10 dollar an hour job. And that sucks. I was just talking to a friend who lives about an hour and a half east of me who works in the quick lube of a Lincoln dealer. He has a couple certs, makes 19 an hour. I just quit an oil change that was paying me 8 an hour, wanted me to do a 1099 for taxes and wanted me to train the other employees. Anyway my friend just told me his dealership is hiring a couple parts guys. Starting at 12 an hour. Think it is time to move. But I have no money to move so wtf is a guy supposed to do? Stay here and make no money, go in debt trying to just stay on the level or sell what I can, move to a place I know nothing about and hope sh*t works out. Shitty situation.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
CHRIS.O said:
This right here sums it up quick! I work in customer service right now because its the only job that works around my schedule with college. This will (hopefully) be the last job I have in customer service.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
bill said:
As much as I hate to say it, you should look at going to AZ, Ritter...they dont pay much, but they do pay more than that! Most AZ GM's make in the 30-40k range, plus bonus. It amazes me that your company doesnt pay a GM better than that....thats just nutz.... :roll:

It's not really the company, it's the owner of that store. And all the parts comapnies very greatly on their pay from one area to another. Advance had me take a pay cut, down to 8/hr to be the Assistant manager. Although that was more of the DM's doing rather than the company. The majority of pay control falls on to the DM's, SM's and/or Store owners.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
jrm81bu said:
It's not really the company, it's the owner of that store. And all the parts comapnies very greatly on their pay from one area to another. Advance had me take a pay cut, down to 8/hr to be the Assistant manager. Although that was more of the DM's doing rather than the company. The majority of pay control falls on to the DM's, SM's and/or Store owners.
True..... demographics to play a part in pay.... SM's up north in NY get double the pay of southern SM's. Of course, the cost of living there is twice as much too...but a SM should make a good salary and bonus for the amount of hours and headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor