Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Lets face it... the world is dying, greed has gripped the US to the point of no return, almost 100% of parts are STILL being imported from china, we are now paying even more for less and its not going to get any better, stick a fork in it, we're done.

So relax, sit back and Just enjoy what you've got till the world ending meteor comes to wipe us out to solve everyones problem in less than .777milisec. :p

Reactions: 4 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
"I need a 3/8in hose rated for fuel, not vacuum and a long water pump for a small block 327"
"Sir, what year and make is the hose for and is that a V6 with single turbo?"

Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
So relax, sit back and Just enjoy what you've got till the world ending meteor comes to wipe us out to solve everyones problem in less than .777milisec. :p
I wish more people shared your optimistic clarity.

• Haha
  • Agree

Sweet_Johnny

Has A Face For Radio
Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2022
Wichita, Kansas
I swear we're all going to the same store, it's just some kind of Twilight Zone nonsense...

"Here at the Revolving Door Auto Parts store we promise to click at least two buttons after misspelling the search criteria and agree to frantically scroll the screen up and down as you try to read. We will then claim that you're wrong, the part didn't exist that year, and our reps know 'cuz their best friend's cousin Ernie had a car just like yours only three years older. But it was a stick. And a 4 door. With a diesel. After you explain Mechanics 101, basic physics, and give a brief history of GM as well as hand us the part you need to replace we may reluctantly accept our mistake at our discretion. More than likely two or more reps will spitball the absolute dumbest ways to to rig up an ugly, untrustworthy contraption that will cost 3x as much as you came willing to spend. At this juncture we will ring up your alternator and point you to the store down the street for your so-called "extremely common" part. We also instruct you to ask for Jim, or Jack, or Kenny- we're not sure but he's the shortish tall guy with the hair. Good luck, focker. See you again real soon."

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Supporting Member
Sep 17, 2017
My city (~120k warm bodies) has O'reilly's(5), Autozone(4), Advance (3), NAPA(4), within 5-7 miles of my house. I typically visit O'reilly's exclusively for "hurry up" stuff. Better staff, oil recycling, part selection, etc. They were the only one in town that had a starter in stock for my car two weeks ago when it wouldn't start at work. Ended up being the 4 year old battery. Honestly I buy a lot of maintenance stuff (brakes, filters, etc.) online from Rockauto and Summit. No "local" parts places left that I'm aware of.:(

Reactions: 3 users

gdouaire

G-Body Guru
Supporting Member
Aug 7, 2013
Québec City, Québec CANADA
Here in Canada we have UAP/NAPA, and not much else - in my area at least.

In the past, there was Canadian Tire, but the place changed from a car parts/hardware store to a place where you can get almost anything - food, appliances, etc. - but car parts are on the decline.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Napa, locally owned, is the only parts store in my area with folks that act like they want to sell me anything - so I have to give them that.

I use Advanced for most everything purchased local, order it online with discount codes and Speed Perks rewards.

The issue I see with these stores is the same issue at 95%+ of other retailers - it’s impossible for them ti find motivated employees that can get off their phone long enough to show some interest in waiting on any customer.Lowes and Home Depot are so pathetic that it’s not worth going into them. And grocery stores are even worse - if there isn’t a self checkout, I usually won’t go in unless it’s an absolute necessity.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Malibu795

Apprentice
May 13, 2019
I haven't really had any issues. Outside planned obsoletion..

I have got 3-4 AZ/AA hub stores within 1 hour drive in opposite direction hubs are open to midnight, regular stores 8-10pm..
AZ is closest and has a long profile of vehicles and parts under my phone number, Napa is a commercial hub store half the guys are retired but bored so they still work, know most by name, also have jegs (hr drive) and summit (3hr drive)
On quality haven't really had anything issues. Did have an new 140A ALT that had internal short to ground, downside it's not the common optioned Alternator so had to travel to get a replacement. Took longer to drive to the store than them to swap it out.

O'Reilly's is last on the pecking order and the least number around me

If I need hose that'll hold more than 10psi or hgin I go to local Parker/triad hose shop, use a lot of their 800 series push lock hose, I've had them make PTFE teflon hose and HYD hoses as well

Filters are Baldwins which I get from local big truck parts store

Ran skf wheel bearing on my gmt800 trucks
As for personnel behind the counter, it's hit or miss. And I usually have the part number I need.

IDK wix got bought out

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor