B-Body Fuel Tank - Direct Swap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
I think I remember someone saying the B-Body fuel tank would fit it a G-Body. Is this true? An extra 4 gallons of capacity would be nice. Any experiences or knowledge on the matter would be appreciated.

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
.i was turned on to the tank and sender fron the 91 to 96 chevy/buick road master estate wagon.it is almost a perfect drop in,is baffeled,has the efi pump and the sender is compatible with the elco gas gauge.i just put it in my 86 ss to try it,it fits the car near perfect.you will need to watch the exhaust as it is a plastic tank.but there is a lot of room for duel exhaust as is on mine.i got my tank for 40 $ at a local wrecking yard,ordered a new sender from autozone for 136$which included a new pump. 91/93 are tbi pumps,94/96 are mpi pumps.i hpoe this helps you .my friend loves his efi 383 and is ca. blessed and sertified going into his second season in love with new life of his old elco .

This is from a post by "CCC" in the thread "EFI Conversion" over on El Camino Central. This tank fits El Caminos only!

Doug

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Ah...So Elco’s only. Bummer. I know there are some similarities between the Elcos and wagons, but Elcos have a 10” longer wheelbase. Thanks for the info.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
.This tank fits El Caminos only!
That's a bummer, I wouldn't mind a few extra gallons for my Regal when I eventually switch over to FI.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Ah...So Elco’s only. Bummer. I know there are some similarities between the Elcos and wagons, but Elcos have a 10” longer wheelbase. Thanks for the info.
You gotta keep in mind the El Camino had more room under the rear of the bed as the wagon has the spare tire well that takes up alot of the space back between the rear rails. Eliminate the spare tire well & that would make space but that would then add extra work of sealing off the big hole left & where to store the spare & jack. Sad thing is no one is paying attention to you wagon owners who want to use in tank pumps for fuel injection or LS conversions.

oldtinsmith

Royal Smart Person
Jun 14, 2010
Auburn, Michigan
pontiacgp,,,it's my understanding that they use the B-body sender, and you can get the sender with a pump for a throttle body, or, the sender with a pump for the LT1/TPI swap. ...The thread is: EFI conversion,,, it was posted on 2-25-2012,,, the poster was: RoyalKnight82,,, and CCC's post is #2

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Sad thing is no one is paying attention to you wagon owners who want to use in tank pumps for fuel injection or LS conversions.

Just takes a little research, discussion on it now in another one of Cali's threads. Pretty easily done with OE stuff, or aftermarket.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
pontiacgp,,,it's my understanding that they use the B-body sender, and you can get the sender with a pump for a throttle body, or, the sender with a pump for the LT1/TPI swap. ...The thread is: EFI conversion,,, it was posted on 2-25-2012,,, the poster was: RoyalKnight82,,, and CCC's post is #2

thanks but I didn't read your whole post, I missed the part about it only fits an El Camino....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor