B body spindles

Status
Not open for further replies.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Was unable to find an actual how to. Basically what all is needed to make them fit? I can work around the bumpsteer thing

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the ball joints are the same on a non HD B body spindle and you can use the Camaro 1LE rotors to keep your 5 x 4.75" bolt pattern. It is a taller spindle so you'll have to use a shorter upper or put alot of alignment shims. I have the Camaro spindle and I got around using a shorter upper with a 1/2" taller lower ball joint. I use a Chrylser screw in ball joint with a Howe insert welded into the stock lower. I still have to use more alignment shims than normal but it's not a problem for me. The stock upper is 8" long

Reactions: 1 user

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Here are the parts you need (Prices are from 2002). Basically you need 1LE 3rd Gen rotors to make it work.

B-body_Brakes.jpg

The Robert Adams arms were UB machine arms with Chrysler screw in ball joints that are beefier than the GM ones and required reaming of the spindle. Stock arms car probably be shimmed to work and adjustable arms will work, too, to use the stock ball joints.

A Howe adjustable center link will take out most of the Bump Steer in normal driving.

Reactions: 1 user

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
On the camber thing with the way the front of my car sits it won't be too bad. Top of the wheels already lean in too much. I'm not sure if I'll be going b body front or blazer front. Reason I might go b body is my bro in law is a scrapper that let's me grab anything I need off the cars he crushes. And all the 80s caprices I've come across had the same 4.75" pattern....in fact one of the wheels my olds had on it till recently was from an 83 caprice I had

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
On the camber thing with the way the front of my car sits it won't be too bad. Top of the wheels already lean in too much. I'm not sure if I'll be going b body front or blazer front. Reason I might go b body is my bro in law is a scrapper that let's me grab anything I need off the cars he crushes. And all the 80s caprices I've come across had the same 4.75" pattern....in fact one of the wheels my olds had on it till recently was from an 83 caprice I had

I think the 4.75" caprices only have 11" brakes. You don't want those. You want the 5X5's and swap on the 1LE Rotors.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
Would the spindles be the same? I'll be running 15" wheels

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Would the spindles be the same? I'll be running 15" wheels

I don't think 11" brake and 12" brakes spindles are the same. The brake caliper is 1/2" further out.

It's been over 15 years since I got mine from the junkyard so my memory is a little vague, but I do remember passing over 11" brake cars to get a 12" brake car. You leave the rotors at the junkyard, anyway because they are worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor