B&M Console Mega Shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regal Beagle

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 10, 2008
Calgary Canada
Has anyone installed a B&M Console Mega Shifter in their G - Body and have some pics of the finished product?
How much cutting was involved and how difficult was the install?

Beagle :D

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
I am going through the process of installing a hurst aftermarket dual gate shifter in my cutlass salon.I am heavily moding the shifter boot and console for a semi stock look.I plan on making it look recessed into the console,rather than sitting atop the console,sort of like the 79 h/o's had.I dont know if your shifter has different brackets that'll bolt in the existing console floor shift mounts,i have made mine to fit in the stock locations on the floor pan.I suppose it wouldnt be hard to intall one of these,just bolting it down and connecting the transmission linkage.

Brick442

Master Mechanic
Apr 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
Easy mod installing the Megashifter in a G-Body. The only cutting I had to do was to the inner structure of the console. Nothing visible on the outside.

IMG_0431.JPG

87SS383

Apprentice
Jan 15, 2010
This is off topic, but what size are the rims on your car? Are they Cragar SS or Torq Thrust II's?

Regal Beagle

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 10, 2008
Calgary Canada
87SS383 said:
This is off topic, but what size are the rims on your car? Are they Cragar SS or Torq Thrust II's?

They are 17X8 Torque Thrust II's. Do ya like 'em? :D

Regal Beagle

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 10, 2008
Calgary Canada
Brick442 said:
Easy mod installing the Megashifter in a G-Body. The only cutting I had to do was to the inner structure of the console. Nothing visible on the outside.

IMG_0431.JPG

Thats a nice clean install!!! Looks great. Do you like the shifter?

87SS383

Apprentice
Jan 15, 2010
Yea, i'm debating on the Cragars or Torq Thrust II's. Your Regal came with 14's right? Is there any difference in the ride with the 17's?

Brick442

Master Mechanic
Apr 16, 2009
Jersey Shore
It's great. I have a manual valve body and kept breaking the stock Cutlass shifter. my TH200-4R is built--it'll chirp the tires even going into 4th gear OD! So the Megashifter was a must.

donnyR

Apprentice
Nov 15, 2009
Harvey IL,60426
i would like to also install a megashifter in my monte carlo console so if anyones done already it give me the details on how and a finished pic of how you did it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor