B&M Megashifter to B&M Quicksilver w/factory console swap

Which Quicksilver for factory Cutlass console?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

442_87

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2014
Does Hurst still make a promatic for a 200R4? Could the quick sliver handle be replaced with Hurst unit, as the handle as a nicer curve.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Does Hurst still make a promatic for a 200R4? Could the quick sliver handle be replaced with Hurst unit, as the handle as a nicer curve.
The Hurst Pro-matic looks similar to the B&M Quicksilver shifter, and also a good looking shifter. Jeg's doesn't list one for the 200-4R. I had the V-matic2 for a 200-4R, which I know is no longer available. Probably the same applies to the Pro-matic.

BillsHoe

Apprentice
Aug 28, 2011
Zoo York
I did the quick silver

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 391
Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I did the quick silver
That looks good, Bill.
Very OEM looking.
What product did you use to do the carbon fiber on your dash?

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
In the TurboBuick forum post, the guy used a plate to be able to bolt down the front of the console. The 81025 (by the B&M pics) doesn't have the bracket on the left side of the shifter body that he used to bolt the plate to. It looks like he used the long shift handle (basic 80683) model. To me this looks identical to the 80688 (70-81 F Body) model.

By the website photos they both seem to have that left hand bracket that was used to fab the front console- screw to plate- to shifter mod.

Anyone else see that? I ask because my plan is to do the same mod, but with the 80688. The 60's A and F body shifters seem to be missing that left side bracket.

Hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor