Backspacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGeorge

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 22, 2010
Need a little help on backspacing on my 1983 Cutlass. Will a 18x9 rear with 5.25" backspacing work? I'm not sure on tire sizes but whatever is the biggest tire that will fit is what I would like. Perhaps a 275/35/18 in the rear (245/40/18 front). Thanks.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Take a rear wheel off and measure from the face of the wheel mounting surface to the frame. Then measure from the same point out to the quarter lip. That's the amount of room you have to work with.

With a 9" rim and 5.25" BS you have 5.25" that will extend towards the frame from the mounting surface you measured from and 3.75" towards the quarter lip.

Personally I think the 5.25" will be close but you'd have to check.

BigGeorge

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 22, 2010
Thanks FE3X. I wish there was a larger selection of bolt on g body wheels. if the 5.25" is close, I will see if I can get away with using a spacer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor