Barf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I think it is just plain cool looking and since the Monte's had the Aerocoupe and standard Monte SS at the same time too bad you couldn't get the 2 + 2 the same way.
CC-284-018-1200.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
image.jpeg
Apparently you guys haven't seen or heard of my 1 of 1 82 Pontiac Bonneville 2+2.. I'm trying to put it back to original. And yeah , I'm still looking for my paperwork. It's around here somewhere..lol. timo22

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I like the way it looks. What could have been. Just like the SS, and had been an 84-85 car that had the aero back option available in 86. Wonder how many would have sold if that configuration was available and with the 180 hp like the other H.O. G bodies? Plus add the SS type spoiler to it and it might have done as well as the SS sales were. You never know?

Over the years I can recall a few rumors as far as the MC SS goes like a few very late 84's ended up with the 4 speed auto. Not sure if that did happen? Some were trying to scam saying they had late 85's that came with the 86 wheels. My favorite is always the " my dad was friends with a dealer and he had GM special build his SS with a 350 or with a GN rear end, etc." Only 350 was the 84 Mexico SS. Also remember some yahoo tried to tell people GM put a dual snorkle air cleaner in his SS by mistake. I just cringe at those types!

Like you said it is always the paperwork or trunk tag that either verifies the truth or ends the scam.
This reminds me of the '82 GS Regal powered by a 231 (& was as much of a base model Buick would went) for sale in the end of the '90's on the North Side of Pittsburgh. The seller claimed it was all factory, History had that car on a show about GS's, had paper work to prove GM made alot of them, & had the window sticker (none that he would show.) All he did was find some badges & slap them on. They guy some how even got a collecters registraion on it. I guess this was built at the same plant every factory 350 G made in the '80s.

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
image.jpeg
Thanks pagrunt, I almost forgot the Buick connection. It seems Buick caught wind of Pontiac's plan to build the Bonneville 2+2 and offered to supply the 3.8 engine and the GS designation. Obviously how could Pontiac refuse such an offer and so the 82 Bonneville 2+2 GS was born. I happened to find my GS emblem after a massive hole shot on the ground. You know your fast when you're leaving emblems on the ground...timo22

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I think it is just plain cool looking and since the Monte's had the Aerocoupe and standard Monte SS at the same time too bad you couldn't get the 2 + 2 the same way.
CC-284-018-1200.jpg

Just for people who think they just might get a flat tire at some point in the future, and will need to get the spare out of the trunk and not leave the flat tire/wheel on the side of the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor