Barf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
He would have been better off with a cuda wing or 83-84 H/O wing not that thing
they actually made a nice version of the 2 +2, the story is they ran out of the rear over sized rear window to finish up the last few 2+ 2 and here is the result

CC-284-019-1200.jpg
That I like

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
they actually made a nice version of the 2 +2, the story is they ran out of the rear over sized rear window to finish up the last few 2+ 2 and here is the result

CC-284-019-1200.jpg

The nose kit and Rear window kit were separate Pontiac dealer Items. Anyone who wanted to could make their own 2+2. There was a dealer that did about 10 "nose only" conversions like that. Much easier and more practical than doing the rear window.

Probably cheaper for the dealer, too, since the 2+2 were so expensive. The aero back window is cool, but the tiny trunk opening made it a hard sell.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The nose kit and Rear window kit were separate Pontiac dealer Items. Anyone who wanted to could make their own 2+2. There was a dealer that did about 10 "nose only" conversions like that. Much easier and more practical than doing the rear window.

Probably cheaper for the dealer, too, since the 2+2 were so expensive. The aero back window is cool, but the tiny trunk opening made it a hard sell.

this one wasn't done by a dealer....

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog...ntiac-grand-prix-22-wheres-the-fastback-roof/

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX

Maybe not done by a dealer, but maybe done for a dealer.

I won't believe it until I see the trunk tag. There are other "2+2's" just like that one with the same wing. Autofab may have used the extra part to make dealer specials, but that isn't a 2+2 unless the Trunk tag says its a 2+2.

It may have been made by Autofab, but it's definitely not "1 of 1".

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario

I won't believe it until I see the trunk tag. There are other "2+2's" just like that one with the same wing. Autofab may have used the extra part to make dealer specials, but that isn't a 2+2 unless the Trunk tag says its a 2+2.

it's not hard to believe that article, stranger things have happened with cars....

Last edited:

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

CC-284-019-1200.jpg
Wow... that doesn't look bad at all.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
I like the way it looks. What could have been. Just like the SS, and had been an 84-85 car that had the aero back option available in 86. Wonder how many would have sold if that configuration was available and with the 180 hp like the other H.O. G bodies? Plus add the SS type spoiler to it and it might have done as well as the SS sales were. You never know?

Over the years I can recall a few rumors as far as the MC SS goes like a few very late 84's ended up with the 4 speed auto. Not sure if that did happen? Some were trying to scam saying they had late 85's that came with the 86 wheels. My favorite is always the " my dad was friends with a dealer and he had GM special build his SS with a 350 or with a GN rear end, etc." Only 350 was the 84 Mexico SS. Also remember some yahoo tried to tell people GM put a dual snorkle air cleaner in his SS by mistake. I just cringe at those types!

Like you said it is always the paperwork or trunk tag that either verifies the truth or ends the scam.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I like the way it looks. What could have been. Just like the SS, and had been an 84-85 car that had the aero back option available in 86. Wonder how many would have sold if that configuration was available and with the 180 hp like the other H.O. G bodies? Plus add the SS type spoiler to it and it might have done as well as the SS sales were. You never know?

Over the years I can recall a few rumors as far as the MC SS goes like a few very late 84's ended up with the 4 speed auto. Not sure if that did happen? Some were trying to scam saying they had late 85's that came with the 86 wheels. My favorite is always the " my dad was friends with a dealer and he had GM special build his SS with a 350 or with a GN rear end, etc." Only 350 was the 84 Mexico SS. Also remember some yahoo tried to tell people GM put a dual snorkle air cleaner in his SS by mistake. I just cringe at those types!

Like you said it is always the paperwork or trunk tag that either verifies the truth or ends the scam.

Are you insinuating Pontiac didn't make a HiPo station wagon in 1980? Because I totally have the (forged) paperwork to prove it.

Attachments

• 1980 Lemans Safari - Window Sticker - Pg 1.jpg
    1980 Lemans Safari - Window Sticker - Pg 1.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 184
  • 1980 Lemans Safari - Window Sticker - Pg 2.jpg
    1980 Lemans Safari - Window Sticker - Pg 2.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Informative

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor