Barrett-Jackson... 1979 Hurst/Olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
I'm watching a 1979 Hurst/Olds go up for sale on Barrett-Jackson. It is bothering me that they are calling this car a 442, and a 442 Hurst. I really wish I could tell them that there is a difference between a 442 and a Hurst/Olds! :roll: Maybe I'm just crazy. IDK. Is it bothering anybody else?? Or is it just me??

Dr. Rudy

Greasemonkey
Mar 19, 2011
Pennsylvania
those guys dont know much about cars. i once saw them call a corvette an A I R coupe, when it was just a vette with air conditioning.

mheath717

Master Mechanic
Nov 13, 2008
Florida
hurst1979olds said:
what did it go for? Was it black/gold or white/gold?

It was black and gold... but it was Linda Vaughn's personal car, and came with her old jacket. It was over 41k when I stopped watching.

bigalturk1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 27, 2012
Florida
Don't let the "442" comment bother you.
Almost 40 years ago someone told me I had a nice Mustang convertible.... NOT!
It was a 1968 GT500 Shelby convertible... The twin to the car that Madonna gave to Shawn Penn!
WTF!!!! (Hmmm, maybe that's why I sold it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor