Barrett Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
I like this statement made in the GP add TURNA posted

The engine is GM's indestructible 3.8-liter V6, which is a happy torque factory that moves the Grand Prix with ease. Not as thirsty as the V8 examples, you'll enjoy pulling around 25 MPG on the highway

:banana::rofl:
That guy missed his calling.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
There's a complete tear-down resto shop next street over. I've spotted some gems there in various stages, but recently one Lincoln Continental Mark II caught my eye. When the paint shop across the street from them was done painting it gloss black, I just about cried driving by.

I guess it's hard to explain, but one thing I do know: No '85 Pontiac with a Buick V6 will ever make it in that game. :p:D

Mark II's were Crazy expensive when new. Like you can buy a nice house for that in 1956 expensive. If someone had invested that money in the stock market instead of buying a MkII, they could buy a couple MkII's today (and a million dollar garage to put them in) with their investment.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Practically hand made.

They are amazing for 1956. They were twice as much as a regular Lincoln and Lincoln still lost money on them. Over 30 years ago my dad wanted one. He was a Lincoln guy, was in the Lincoln club and had special ordered an '88 LSC with the 5.0 HO motor. He found some that were $10K/$12K which is close to what the sold for new in 1956 so he passed. He was hoping for "a deal" The same $10K into the stock market in 1988 would have netted at least $150K or $100K more than if he invested in a mk iI..

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
Our cars have value to us because we can salvage them and do something with them, but beyond that they're curiosities from the Detroit Dark Ages. I figure that to have real value as a "classic," a car has to have some place in automotive history other than the decline and fall of something.

STLRegal

G-Body Guru
Jun 22, 2007
St.Louis
Our cars have value to us because we can salvage them and do something with them, but beyond that they're curiosities from the Detroit Dark Ages. I figure that to have real value as a "classic," a car has to have some place in automotive history other than the decline and fall of something.

To me it just depends on how you look at it. I think of our cars as the last of the old school muscle cars. Granted with the exception of the turbo regal and maybe the Monte Carlo SS, performance is quite lacking. But being that they had the ability to house powerful engines makes them a good platform to hot rod. this doesn't mean our cars will ever be worth much but that also means our cars will never be insanely expensive to buy either. And the aftermarket and replacement parts on our cars is only growing so the future looks good for gbody owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor