Bathroom Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
That looks really nice!! I remodeled my guest bathroom last year with a friend. It was a lot of work! I would rather have put the cash in my rides but i have to keep the wifey happy. I'll be finishing up my garage this year and possibly the kitchen.

Kris_84elky

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2010
Good job, came out really nice! But honestly when I first saw this post, I thought it was going to be about putting a bathroom in a garage! lol.

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
I like the finish on that vanity and the cabinets. I am surprised at how good that fo tile lays out and looks. Looks like you did a good job repairing the floor. I like how that base looks and even though its not wood, it still looks good.

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
axisg said:
If it's not tile on the floor is it a roll vinyl product or peel and stick tiles ?
How does the air admittance valve work ? I know it's a plumbing vent but how does it keep the vapour out and is it expensive ?

Either way great job, your family spends more time in the bathroom than the project car so it's money well spent in my books.

Vinyl roll, aka linoleum in the bathroom. I have self stick tiles in the kitchen and after 7 years starting to show their age. The air admittance valve (AAV) keeps the sewer gases out, but lets air in when needed. You need to use a "P" trap as shown and not the "S" trap (which to my understanding is no longer to code). They cost about $22. There is a website called hammerzone.com and some did a conversion to a "P" trap.

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
DRIVEN said:
I had a similar situation with my kitchen a couple years ago. Started with a bad wiring connection behind the 39 year old oven and ended in a total remodel.

My kitchen remodel started as wanting to paint. Found out the wall paper was holding the horsehair plaster together. My first ever house project.

Here's some before and after - 2005.

Kitchen - when we moved in. The window looks into the garage. And yes it's "EZ" brick on the bottom wall.
normal_Kitchen_1.jpg

normal_Kitchen_5.JPG

normal_Kitchen_3.JPG

After
FYI - The oven was replaced this past October.

The window is gone!!
normal_Kitchen_New_3.JPG

normal_Kitchen_New_-_Counter_2.JPG

normal_Kitchen_New_-_Doors.JPG

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
tc1959 said:
Because we cant leave the other bathroom,
With the old and now mismatched sink ,Faucet and counter tops Cabinet . ECT... :wink: :oops:

The "other" bath we have is in the basement. Well, a toilet and laundry sink. Had to keep thing up and running while this all got done.

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
Looks great man, I just finished my bathroom and picked up a vanity that looks like the same one. You get yours from Home Depot? lol

I went with a similar mirror, but put in sconces one each side of the mirror. Great job!

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
HurstOlds said:
Looks great man, I just finished my bathroom and picked up a vanity that looks like the same one. You get yours from Home Depot? lol

I went with a similar mirror, but put in sconces one each side of the mirror. Great job!

Yes I did. The med cabinet, top, sink and vanity came for Home Depot as did the exhaust fan. The light fixture, towel and shower rods and toilet (2005) came from Lowes. As for the tub, that was re-glazed. I wasn't about to rip out the old cast iron tub.

BTW, amazing what a good fan can do.

Oldsmoletick

Royal Smart Person
Sep 18, 2009
cny
dougfather said:
As for the tub, that was re-glazed. I wasn't about to rip out the old cast iron tub.

How much did that run, if you don't mind me asking. My porcelain on my cast iron tub is kinda beat thin, and I've weighing my options on whether to have that done, or replace it with a different one.

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
Oldsmoletick said:
How much did that run, if you don't mind me asking. My porcelain on my cast iron tub is kinda beat thin, and I've weighing my options on whether to have that done, or replace it with a different one.

He quoted $450 to reglaze and replace the drain stop. He had replaced the shower surround too, so my bill was higher.

If you replace, just be careful of what you buy. He told me of stories about some of the cheaper tubs that are out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor