o any sry should have posted some pics of my project
Picture054.jpg

what pistons did you choose
i bought it as a short block assembly they are 10.2to 1 keith black domes

454cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 13, 2011
Ringers said:
Sweet! You're a few miles away, I'm in Seattle! You are totally correct on the how deep you go. The olds motors are tough to go hard, unless you really get to know Joe. And empty your wallet then. The BBC's we run , we go deep on. But we're going deep into the inches too. 565, 588, 632 and minimum you're spending 30K, to go fast reliably. Good luck on your plate issue. I think we have a buddy that lives out there that could hook you up. I gotta look him up tho-Make sure he's still alive. Us old guys expire all the time!! Cheers-Matt
cool man mines a .40 over 454

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
The deal with a motor plate is the frame is not going to flex around the motor area do to the cradle or what mustang guys call the K-frame. G-body cars do twist tweak beyond that quite a bit. This can, with a stout motor and sticky tires cause the transmission case to break, being the weakest link (think thin cast aluminum) right around the bell housing. New or solid body mounts and braces help. Roll bar or cage will solve it.

10.2 454 will have the 'umph' to break stuff if you hook it up.

Hey, some of us had to learn the hard way...

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
Have any pics of the other side of the motor plate? Specifically of how you have it bolted to the frame? thanks
Rocket said:
This might not be the best help but I put a motor plate in my car this summer but i'm running Olds' and switched to a manual box from Flaming River

38157_414926387633_511482633_4965704_1103887_n.jpg

454cutty

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 13, 2011
Bar50 said:
The deal with a motor plate is the frame is not going to flex around the motor area do to the cradle or what mustang guys call the K-frame. G-body cars do twist tweak beyond that quite a bit. This can, with a stout motor and sticky tires cause the transmission case to break, being the weakest link (think thin cast aluminum) right around the bell housing. New or solid body mounts and braces help. Roll bar or cage will solve it.

10.2 454 will have the 'umph' to break stuff if you hook it up.

Hey, some of us had to learn the hard way...
u r prolly right but my car isnt hookin up at all right now with the 7.5 3.73 gear rear end and street tires :mrgreen: i want to upgrade the rear end to an 8.5 and get some stickies on her for next year, but as to the frame flexin im not too worried about it, but a roll bar does sound nice :roll:

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Its not a matter of worry, well, until it hooks and the body tweaks and breaks the transmission case at the bell housing.

Rocket

Greasemonkey
Oct 18, 2011
Reserve Mines, NS
Minion1186 said:
Have any pics of the other side of the motor plate? Specifically of how you have it bolted to the frame? thanks
Rocket said:
This might not be the best help but I put a motor plate in my car this summer but i'm running Olds' and switched to a manual box from Flaming River

hmmm thought i sent a reply to this, must not have went thru. What i did was install a block & trans in the stock type mounts, put the motor plate on the front them make a couple tabs to weld on the frame for the plate to bolt too

38157_414926397633_511482633_4965706_6174770_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor