bench seat floor shifter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkube396

Greasemonkey
Aug 28, 2009
South Buffalo / West seneca NY
in my 81 i have a bench seat what are my options for a floor shifter.

I can get some F-body seats. what are the tracks to mount the seats on going for?

cdg1984

G-Body Guru
Oct 18, 2009
Evansville IN
Id reccomend getting some mounting brackets for the console and buckets. People sell them sometimes from other gbodies that theyre parting out. check ebay, craigslist etc...You could just drill screws up through the floorboard, but I wouldnt recocmend it. Im not sure about the tracks, I see them for sale every now and then, but not too often. again, ebay etc..

PapaSmurf86

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 26, 2012
I ran the turbo action cheetah scs shifter. I used self taping screws on the back side and we used a bolt and nut in the front. The turboaction has a rail which will run into the seat so u actually have to set the seat on top of the rail. So you do need to pull the seat but its very simple. The seat also acts as a fastner. I thought before doing it, that it would be way to far for my reach but it was perfect. And if you fold down the arm rest, you can comfortably rest your elbow/forearm on it and still set your hand on the shifter. Best shifter youll every buy. I dont know that they offer it for a 700/r4. Im runnin th350.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor