Bench Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

blizack

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2009
Toronto, On, Canada
I've searched around but I can't seem to find anything about this.

I have a set of Bench seats in my Regal that are able to fold forward to allow access to the rear seat, without pulling any handles or anything. In other words, you can simply push the headrest forward and the seat-back folds forward.

Is it supposed to do that or are those black handles on the back, bottom edges supposed to lock the seats in position?

I almost positive they are not broken and are working fine. My cutty and a couple of my buddies with a regal and monte all work the same. So unless all those seats are broke, I say they're ok.

Iv'e always wondered the same thing. My seat doesn't lock in place either.

The reason why I ask is because I'm getting my car ready to be certified. I was reading that one of the requirements is that the seat must be able to lock into position.

Maybe locking into position means that the seats can move forward but cannot move backward?

You guys seem to have the same type of seats. Do they fall forward when you slam on the breaks?

I've never had them fly forward when braking. As far as being certified, if there ever was an issue I think you would be grandfathered in because gm didn't offer that as a design. Kinda like if your car didn't come with seatbelts from the factory you can't get a ticket for not wearing one. Ya follow me?

mine do not lock...pretty positive they are not broken as well

mine don't lock I have had a couple G bodies with bench seats and non of them have locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor