Bench to Bucket Seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuttysupreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 28, 2007
Hello, new to the forum looks good tho! I drive a 84 cutlass supreme and it currently has a bench seat, at the time i paint it this winter i also want to add in bucket seats also. Does any one have any suggestions or tips for adding in bucket seats? I was wondering if i will need to buy/make brackets to make them fit? thanks for any help!

GrandPrixJamie

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2007
Schenectady New York
welcome to the site.
you can go to any scrap yard and pull out the seats out of any g-body. to the best of my knowledge they will all fit. that is the cheapest and easiest way to do it. if you are looking for more of a custom look
summit Racing sells all sorts of different seats. they start at around 1oo a piece for seats and brackets and go up around 600.

jerrycad472

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2006
Detroit, MI
If you have a split bench, you can bolt in any G-body Buckets, no problem. If you have a one piece bench, you will need the inside brackets that are welded to the floor next to the trans tunnel (4 brackets in total). You can drill out the spot welds to remove them if you find a donor car.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Do you plan on just adding buckets, or a console as well? If so, you will need to get the shifter, steering column and the shift indicator block off piece for the cluster to make the transformation complete. The console has it's own brackets you will need to drill out of the donor car as well.

cuttysupreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 28, 2007
as of right now i plan on just adding a generic console w/o a floor shifter, i will later ( whenever swap to a v8) plan on doing a 5 speed conversion. thanks for the help

83CuttyDblR

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 3, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
where can i buy the inside brackets. i'm upgrading from straight bench to 60/40 brougham bench. i only have the outside brackets.

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
any junk yard will sell them cheap ,but it will help if someone has a picture of the floor pan with them installed, it will help you in placeing the brackets later on.i got a set for 25.00 off of ebay

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
Here's a way to make your money go farther -

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Prod ... up_listing

I have them in my cutlass, buy some 1/4 inch steel and make brackets, extra hassle but saves $.

They sit a little low (who doesn't like sitting low?) and older buckets might be more than you bargain for, depending on the upholstering job and how rusty they are.

jonnyv713

Apprentice
May 19, 2008

JESSE

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2007
GULFPORT,MS
seats

i got these from a friend at no cost, you can find these at the junk yard they are late model camero. all i did is drill holes and bolt them in, i know the purist are going to hate them, but they work for me :wink: [i
100_0420.jpg
mg][/img]
100_0454.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor