Best 200-r4 Floor shifter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richp85elco

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Long Beach, CA
Want to put in a floor shifter on my 85 with bench seats, what shifters will work with 4 speed trans and full length headers? Might also switch to buckets eventually, but for now I'm hoping to find something that will work with a bench

Reactions: 1 user

Lowproelco

Greasemonkey
Jul 19, 2011
So Cal
mega shifter is what i got in my ss.. had with bench and buckets also

434MONTE

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 24, 2009
I used a B&M Megashifter, too. It works great with my 200-4R. Since it is a cable type, you can mount it as far forward as you want as long as it doesn't hit the dash. When you switch to buckets, you could move it back. If you are going to beat in it like I do, use some big fender washers on both sides and use bolts and nuts when mounting it instead of sheet metal screws. You will have to get a couple of longer pan bolts to hook it up though because the originals are not long enough with the mounting bracket for the cable on the trans. Keep the cable away from the headers or shield it!

Later,

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor