best combustion chamber??

Status
Not open for further replies.

87montecarlomrc

Master Mechanic
Mar 11, 2010
Oklahoma
what would be the best cc for my motor. its a 89 350 out of a vette so its got the roller cam and had the aluminum heads on it factory but doesnt anymore. i want to get some aluminum heads but i dont know the best choice. factory heads were 58cc so should i go with them or 62cc

Do not go any larger on the combustion chamber than what it was as a stock engine. It won't hurt it physically but will according to the power. If you are going to buy aftermarket aluminum heads I would go with 58 or 52cc heads (between there) try not to go above the stock 58cc

If you go bigger with your combustion chamber, you will lose compression, and make less HP. Go smaller and you bring your compression up. Just be carefull you don't go too small, if your motor isn't set up for it, a lot of things can go wrong.

Edelbrock makes a direct replacement head for those that flow better, use the same centerbolt valve covers and have 60cc chambers. I have them on my 89 350 in my Formula. I wouldn't go any smaller than 58cc, personally.

ok thanks i kind of new not to go smaller but i wanted to ask becuase i know people on hear are sharp on some stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor