Best battery for a vehicles that sits for months?

Battery tenders are alot cheaper than a new battery. They do a great job
I thought about using tenders to keep both of my cars fresh but recently a friend of mine had one short out in his garage while it was hooked to his Camaro. He was extremely lucky that he was in the garage working on his other car when it happened. Not sure of the brand. Might have been a cheap one knowing my friend.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I thought about using tenders to keep both of my cars fresh but recently a friend of mine had one short out in his garage while it was hooked to his Camaro. He was extremely lucky that he was in the garage working on his other car when it happened. Not sure of the brand. Might have been a cheap one knowing my friend.
I've had good luck with the Battery Tender brand. I bought my dad a Snap On on years ago and that thing lasted like 10 years, plugged in for most of it.

Reactions: 1 users
My big issue with the shut off switch is Holley's, crappy overpriced Terminator X Max. It takes forever to learn and I don't want start over in the spring.
FYI.....the Holley EFI ECU's will not lose their tunes, settings or learn values if you take their power away.

It's all stored in NV memory (non volatile) similar to how you wouldn't lose your odometer numbers in your dash from dead battery.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor