Best battery for a vehicles that sits for months?

Well my battery died again, went to start it after installing the trans dust cover. I swapped mine with one of the 2 boat batteries. I tried to use the big Walmart deep cycle battery which is maybe a group 65, which I was planning, too long. The other is the same size as thre dying group 24, actually labeled Kevin's Marine and has a 3/20 date sticker. It pretty much means a 34 or 78 is as big as I can probably squeeze in there. Hopefully this one lasts the fall and will spend the $300 in spring for probably a group 78 AGM.

Reactions: 1 user
I am thinking that big Marine battery is actually a group 27 or 31, hopefully a group 65 will squeeze in, needs a neary 45 degree angle to clear the rad support.

Well, obviously this battery is tiny cranking amps, was at 12.8 volts last night. It starts once, not that enthusiastically. The Olds always stalls on initial start, needed boosting on the second start. One thing I noticed is the battery is charging at 14.6-14.7 volts. It only charged at high 13's to low 14's with the dying battery. Looks like tomorrow is battery buying day.

The boat battery started today multiple times but wasn't super happy even after charging it for 3 hours last night, it is going back in the boat. I installed this tonight, 750 CCA 150 RC AGM battery with a 5 year free replacement.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor