Best shifter on a budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGBrandon2785

Greasemonkey
Jun 12, 2011
Saint Louis,MO
Ive really been wanting a rachet shifter for my GP.Not sure what im lookin to spend just yet but maybe one that is middle of the road,it doesent have to be B&M im not sure what other kinds are out their??But I would like it to fit into my counsel.

Im just looking for some suggestions.Im not too smart when it comes to this stuff :mrgreen:

1985cutlasssupreme

Master Mechanic
Aug 9, 2011
Bay Area , Ca
BIGBrandon2785 said:
Ive really been wanting a rachet shifter for my GP.Not sure what im lookin to spend just yet but maybe one that is middle of the road,it doesent have to be B&M im not sure what other kinds are out their??But I would like it to fit into my counsel. Im just looking for some suggestions.Im not too smart when it comes to this stuff :mrgreen:
Check out the B&M quicksilver shifter on summitracing.com

gk666

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2010
I use the quick silver... I love it but sometimes I wish I could drive a car with the old fashion hurst t bar shifter... The only reason I chose the quicksilver is because autotragic is fail... so the ball on the end of the shifter makes it look more like a manual... only downside is I'm pretty sure the thread pitch is an oddball on the quicksilver if you were ever interested in putting an afteraftermarket shift knob on it... if you going from column shift... ITS ALL AN UPGRADE... column shift and autotragic are fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor