Best shocks for the $ for 85 Elky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA
I drove my Camino for years with Gabriel Sport Truck shocks on the front and Delco or Gabriel air shocks out back. Last year, I caught a deal on KYB Gas-Adjusts and I could kick myself that I hadn't done it sooner. The ride quality and cornering control is SO much better with the KYB's. There may be better stuff available, but as far as bang-for-the-buck, swapping to the KYB's for under $200 was the best money I ever spent on my Camino.

Bill

Brownianl

Apprentice
Oct 1, 2012
East Texas
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Decided to go with the KYB's, found them on line at shock warehouse for $138 for a set of 4 plus free shipping.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I don't think you can go wrong with them. I've installed them on several different vehicles...no complaints here.
I feel they're a quality product for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor